Crashes in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brandon

Hi there, some of you might remember me and.. hmm or maybe not.

Anyway, I'm using Window Vista now and that lately, I've been getting a lot of blue screens for no apparent reasons. They revolves mainly around 3 main type of errors, IRQL_NOT_LESS OR Equal, 0x00000024 error and one more PFN_List_Corrupt error.

Well, these errors happens while I'm only listening to music, surfing the net or playing a game. I'm not sure what's going on. Other than all these errors, Vista is very stable for me.

Can someone help me debug the minidumps... thanks.

Attachments

• minidumps.zip
    76.3 KB · Views: 5
Your fourth dump was NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM error 0x24 and has to do with your Ntfs.sys.

A problem occurred within NTFS.SYS, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS file system drives. There may be a physical problem with the disk, or an Interrupt Request Packet (IRP) may be corrupted. Other common causes include heavy hard drive fragmentation, heavy file I/O, problems with some types of drive-mirroring software, or some antivirus software.

Some solutions that I have read suggest (I am only passing it on) running ChkDsk or ScanDisk as a first step; then disable all file system filters such as virus scanners, firewall software, or backup utilities. Check the file properties of NTFS.SYS to ensure it matches the current OS or SP version. Update all disk, tape backup, CD-ROM, or removable device drivers to the most current versions.

Your second Dump is 0x4E PEN_LIST_CORRUPTION and it says memory corruption.

Have you Memtested your RAM?

Hmm.. I have yet memtest cause I don't have a floppy drive nor a cd burner drive. Vista came along with a memory diagnostic tool, maybe I will use that one.

Oh yeah... what file causes the irql not less or equal error?

Edit:

I did memory testing. It came up clean. What else is the source of my problem? sigh... plus the game I played CNC 3, keep crashing to desktop with direct3D error. Display Driver stop responding and restarted ...

First on XP I get this. Now on Vista, I also get such stuff.

I'm giving up on computers....

I understand your frustration with computers. I am glad you mentioned C&C 3 because I rechecked your fourth dump and it specifically mentyioned cnc3game.dat.

The fourth dump also says that this this particular crash is caused by drivers using the wrong addresss. Have you tried uninstalling your video drivers and then installing the latest?

Some people have found that when they update their BIOS the issues can go away.

Hmm, the video card driver is the latest. Using forceware 101.41.

As for bios, well, it by the, known as the most stable version. I don't want to risk further breaking apart my system by messing bios.

Brandon, is that driver for a 8800 card? The reason I ask is because there are tons of reports online of people have major issues with Vista and these released nVidia drivers for those carrds. It has been a Major issue. When did you last update your driver? if I am not mistaking there has been another one released, or is 101.41 the latest?

Those drivers are the latest for my vista version (32bit). In fact this was a beta version, released as of March 2, 2007.

The 100.65 version causes screen corruption and stuff so, 101.41 is the most stable I had so far.

Hey erm.. I got another blue screen in vista today while playing Galactic Civillization II: Dread Lord.

Can someone help me find out what went wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back