Crashing Errors / Minidumps Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

Im relitivly new here but I have been trying to troubleshoot my errors for a week now. 3 reformats, and its still crashing.

0x000000d1 error this time, which is new. After I had everything reinstalled and i started reinstalling WOW which installed and then i was trying to do the ingame updater and it would crash continuously.

Getting very tired of this! all help would be great!

The dumps report things such as:

BugCheck D1, {9, 2, 0, 9}
Probably caused by : vsdatant.sys

Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe ( nt!KiTrap0E+2ad )

Probably caused by : vsdatant.sys ( vsdatant+353e9 )

Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe ( nt!KiTrap0E+2ad )

Probably caused by : vsdatant.sys ( vsdatant+353e9 )

Well it would appear that the nt kernel and your Zonealarm are the biggest culprit. But all of them are a bugcheck of D1, or 0x000000D1 in MS speak.

Search google for the 0x000000D1 bugcheck, some info out there. And you could always try removing zonealarm and see if it stops crashing.
But usually when you have crashes right after formatting, then somehow you have bad drivers, or else you have hardware problems.

The first thing to do is scan your RAM with memtest (http://www.memtest86.com/.
Let it finish a few passes.

We'll go from there. Good luck.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Vsdatant.sys is the driver for your Zonealarm friewall. It is a known issue with some systems/configurations.

As Vig said, you should uninstall Zonealarm and see if that help.

Obviously you will need to install a different firewall programme. Try the free Kerio firewall from HERE.

You should also check your ram as suggested. This is because a bugcheck of D1 can be a symptom of faulty ram/pagefile etc. See below.

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

Instructions for testing your ram/pagefile etc can be found HERE.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back