Crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

squallheart

This is rather odd i mention before nero was crashing but i redid the install and used the clean tool though that screwed up some other stuff and it worked again and everything else was fine. Now though, it seems that everytime i try to burn a dvd i get this blue screen and the system crashes and restarts and when i log back in tells me something about a driver. This is rather odd since it does it with any of my softwares now.

When i try to copy a dvd i made with intervideo dvd copy it starts checking the drives and crashes

In convertxtodvd it finishes converting but when it starts burning crashes,

nero vision is the same as convertxtodvd, the only way to override this isssue is to just convert the files to dvd and use neroburning rom to burn it thought as well sometimes messes it up but has a higher chance of succeding.

I do not know whats wrong or what to do can anyone help me out figure out this. Is there a program to check my pc to fix these issues any help i will appriciate

run crap cleaner registry repair. Then search for the driver that is missing and reinstall it.

Also search for how to read minidumps in techspot to learn how to read your minidump files.

I decided to remove any type of program that burns dvds ie nero, intervideo, convertx and others. I restarted my pc and it said new hardware found both my dvd drives, so i re installed convertxtodvd

Now it was going fine except burning a little slow then i got this error

Write error at 1119648 (16) - Code 06 29 00 [Unit attention, Power On or Bus device reset Occured]

now i dont know what that means and im wondering if maybe all along is it my burner that is just finally messed up.

Could be your DVD drive or spyware. Spyware is know for messing up CD/DVD drives. Are you running anti-spyware utilities? I recommend the following 3 utils:

• Ad-Aware 2007
  • Spybot Search & Destroy
  • AVG Anti-Spyware
All are free.

SpySweeper is a medium rated anti-spyware utility. The ones I listed are the best combo to use and they're all free too!

ah so its not of good quality then i will download one of your recommendations after i reformat hd :/ gonna see if that helps

Hello i need to ask for more advice.

Well heres the current situation, I reformated my harddrive and started clean again. Everything was going fine and burning resumed though speeds were not what i had in mind :/ it wasnt performing like it used to. I launched intervideo dvd copy and note i dont have a lot of programs installed on my pc just intervideo, anydvd, and other two so i know its not a driver issue or conflict. I have always used intervideo without anyproblems for the past two years when i launched it the system crashed. When i went to device manager i noticed that my burner and a virtual drive which i dont know where it tcame from cause i know alcohols is ivi virtual one where disabled i try to enable it but doesnt let me anymore so now can i take it my burner has finally taped out help would be much appreciated it. Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back