Creative Audigy not working under Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi !

Since a while everything worked just fine, but suddenly - being busy in Playcenter 3.0 - my computer gave an error (full screen white letters on grey background; some sort of blue screen...?) about E10KX2K.SYS

So I had to restart the computer and since that moment on I didn't had any sound anymore.

Logically, I reinstalled the Creative cd but this didn't help.

Secondly I searched for new drivers on the Creative website and installed them (AUDDRVPACK_L11.EXE). After rebooting the system I still have no sound. The Audigy is detected under hardware device manager without problems, but during starting Windows XP I get errors saying no soundcard is installed.

Any ideas someone ?

:dead:

Audigy

I believe that same thing happened to me once. I removed the sound card from the device mananger, shut down the computer and removed it from the motherboard reseated it and booted back up. That seemed to fix the problem for me. Good Luck

Yeah it sounds like the card had maybe worked loose / or the contacts are dirty/oxidised, try cleaning the card's edge connector and/or the PCI slot with alcohol.

I basically have the same problem...I have no experiance with PC building or nething, how should I do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back