Creative Inspire T5900 Speakers reccomend sound card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently purchased the T5900 5.1 speakers from Amazon UK for use with my Toshiba Qosmio G10-100. Firstly, can anyone tell me if my Qosmio supports 5.1 audio output, I'm pretty sure it does with it being a Media Center PC and all, and secondly, can anyone recommend an affordable sound card that would enable me to use the 5.1 speakers properly, playing background noises etc. I have seen that Creative offer options here but I'm not sure specifically what I need... A PC Card would be good seeing as it's a laptop I have.
Thanks, James

P.s.

P.S. I'm a bit of a novice so don't be too technical with me... I'm not bad at computing but I need newer things explaining to me clearly.
Thanks

I have nearly (bit older model) the same speakers, and I use an audigy 2. AT the time I bought it (2 + years ago) the audigy was like $120, but now it's like 50-70 USD here in the states. It is a good place to go to get 5.1. Creative is the best mainstream audio card mfg.

Uot.gif
http://www.uglyorangetruck.com

Far as I can tell your Laptop doesn't support 5.1 analog output. As such you'd need a USB Soundcard. As you're aware Creative does several USB Soundcards which support 5.1. Philips also has a 5.1 Aurilium out there too, several others do too. If you use 5.1 soundcard as a search phrase you'll find them :)

Creative Soundblaster Live

I found the Soundblaster Live! External on Amazon, that should do the job right? It is affordable for me too.
- James -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back