Creative Lab drivers won't uninstall!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have a Audigy 2 ZS Platinum sound card and for a month now I can't uninstall the fricken drivers. It won't even let me install any components using install CD.

Add and Remove program goes through uninstall wizard steps. But, I reboot and the drivers are still there.

I tried to uninstall using install CD, no success. I tried reinstalling Drivers, but I get options to modify/repair or remove and neither of these choices seem to work.

Sent a message to Creative Customer Support and they're reply was to use msconfig/safemode/uninstall all apps., but still the Sound Blaster Audigy 2 drivers are present.

Has anyone had similar problems with drivers? Need advice on another way to uninstall these drivers.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Try
Right click my computer> manage> Device manager>

Locate sound and Game controllers, double click Creative audigy > select drivers and click uninstall. do same for gameport and any other creative devices that appear on this menu. Dont restart Yet...

Try to uninstall the software components again using add remove or setup on your disk.
if it fails then restart Leaving your disk in drive. when new devices found comes up after restart select install automatically and see if this works.

hope this is of some use to you

Fixed Problem Finally!!!

Well, I Tried PCA the method you mentioned, but no success, blue screen driver error, when I tried to uinstall using Device Manager.

However, I was able to click into the subfolders of the Setup CD and manually load each component one at time including drivers.

I went to Remove / add programs and finally SB Audigy drivers were gone replaced with drivers on CD.

Thanks for Help anyway.

It's been my experience that creative drivers are latent. meaning that they don't activiate unless a card is detected and plugged in. I really wouldn't worry about it. If you have removed the card, the only thing the drivers do is take up space.

Try this

I have been hassling with Creative and their drivers, and especially their support for about a year, now. Runs great for a long while, then GLITCH! If they didn't make the best cards around............ Anyway, try this: go to creative site>support>knowledge base-- then, in the search box, type "uninstall soundblaster drivers." Click the appropriate action, i.e.: "To cleansweep/uninstall SoundBlaster audio cards under Windows XP and Windows 2000." Worked for me. Good Luck! :wave:

hmmm. I've used a soundblaster live card for years with no problems. Works so well, I put it in my new computer when I parted the old one out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back