Creative S750 speaker problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kshroben

I just bought a 7.1 system from Creative/Cambridgeworks and I am having some trouble making it work. I connected the speakers to an Audigy 2 ZS sound card and I have made sure that I went through all the steps according to the speaker system manual. But still all I get from the speakers is a loud hum in the center speaker or hissing sometimes. If I hear music, it is very muffled and it sounds far away. Also, the sound comes out only through the center speaker and all the others are silent or with a hiss.

I am using the 64-bit drivers from Creative as I have a 64-bit system under WindowsXP-X64Edition/Windows Server 2003 sp1.

My computer specs are:
Asus mobo AV8 with Via Chipset kt800Pro
Athlon64 4000 running at 2.4 Ghz San Diego version
Nvidia Geforce FX6600 256Mb
1 IDE HDD 40 Gig from Western Digital
1 SATA HDD 80 gig from Western Digital
1 Mad Dog 16X DVD Drive
1 Lite-on 12x DVD drive
1024 Mb Corsair memory, 2.5 cas latency
Wireless mice and Keyboard from Microsoft
Cable Service via a PCX1100U cable modem
Audigy 2 ZS Sound Card

Go to: Start/Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices
Under the Speaker Settings click the Advanced button, make sure you have your system set to 7.1

Also go to: Start/All Programs/Creative/Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS/THX Setup Console
Here you can test your speakers, confirm proper connection, change speaker levels, etc. Check to make sure the Analogue Output is checked if you are using the three analogue connectors (yellow,black,green) or Digital Output if you are using the single digital connector. The S750 comes with the analogue connection box only. You would only have the digital box if you purchased it seperately.

Let me know if this does not help you. Also, I don't know if 64bit XP has differences as I am using 32.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back