Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Seuss

i have recently purchased and installed a new Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music sound card but i noticed before i put it into my computer that the card had plugs on it..one is a AUX plug but the other looks like a connector for a power lead (like the one you connect to a floppy disc drive) does anyone know what this plug is for?

Is THIS it?
Unless there happens to be a front panel attatchment, like the audigy, I'm not aware of any powered SC's, there maybe something to it.
How is it working?

Since you picked the nic:
Sam I am, I like green eggs n ham

For higher end X-Fi

Dr_Seuss said:
i have recently purchased and installed a new Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music sound card but i noticed before i put it into my computer that the card had plugs on it..one is a AUX plug but the other looks like a connector for a power lead (like the one you connect to a floppy disc drive) does anyone know what this plug is for?

That lead goes to the front end of the higher models of the X-Fi. They come with a front control panel that fits in a 5.25" drive bay. Not needed for the Xtreme music. You can leave it unoccupied,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back