Creative ZEN 32GB player out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
um, if you bought 2 of the ones you linked to you would have 32GB,

Creative make the best MP3 players on the earth, death to the I-POD

Yeah, it looks this player is official now.
32GB flash! That's cool.

main_hl_zen.jpg

http://www.creative.com/products/mp3/zen/

Still can't beat my Creative Zen Vision W 60gb, the problem is with flash memory will it have enough of a bandwith to support movie playing at high res? Thats why the W has a hard drive.

Bandwidth in terms of capacity or read speed?

Capacity was an issue but with 32GB flash it is not a problem. The only difficulty I have is that this new 32GB ZEN costs 349 bucks now. You gotta pay to get "world's first" I guess.

As for read speed flash memory is sold with various read speeds, same as RAM sticks for PC. I guess this is technically possible to have a decent read speed from flash memory anyway.

I cant really imagine you needing a video thats too high res because its screen is rather small, and they're not going to release a product that cant do what it's been made to, every creative product i've owned has been great.

I don't know why people bother with the I-Pod, it's nowhere near as good as the Zen Vision M, but i think its mainly a fashion thing, much like with Motorola.

Motorola = **** over priced phones
I-pod = **** over priced media players.

Res = 320 x 240 pixels
and it is 2.5" LCD screen

So the resolution is as on the ipod but the color depth is higher -
24 bit color not 16 bit color screen

(==>same with your ZEN W, this is why its display is so good: 24 bit color depth translates into 16.7 million individual colors on display).

Would not beat ZEN W for movie watching comfort tho, thats right, but its a completely different league in terms of size and weight:

ZEN: 55mm x 83mm x 11.3mm, 65g
ZEN W: 134mm x 75mm x 22mm, 276g

I do have to admit that the W is fairly large and is by no means light or thin. The W is widescreen and i think the new on is regualer. But it will be nice to see creative finally release a light pmp. I just hope they keep up on the firmwire, my W hasn't had a release in new firmware in over a year and its creatives flagship! or at least it was. I agree though that other brands (creative esp.) are alot better than IPOD's they have more features and you get more for your money and don't have to use all the stupid software horse apples throws at you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back