creative zen usb problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I hope you can help I am having problems with my creative zen touch player 1.01.03, I plug it in to the computer using a usb 2.0 cable and although at first transfered music ok now when I plug it in nothing happens. I bought it second hand without a disc and was using musicmatch and nomad jukebox mini and that was going well until now. Now when I plug it in, neither the computer or the player acknowledges that it has been plugged in. I have reinstalled a few things like drivers and such since, but it doesn't make any difference as most need the player to be detected for them to install. occasionally it detects it and says that a new device has been found and an error occured during installation, but that doesn't really help.
Any help would be appreciated
thanks

p.s I dont know if this is relevant but in device manager there is a yellow exclamation next to nvidia wdm a/v crossbar and nvidia wdm video capture (universal)

Dittos

Im having the same probs with my Zen Sleek Photo. My laptop wont recognize the mp3 at all. Im waiting for some help too.
I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop, windows XP Pro. I went to Creative.com and got some good pointers. But I think I may just have to download a newer service pack(version 2), as my laptop is a few years old. Im not sure how old your PC or laptop is, but maybe you'll have to do the same thing.
Im not much help, sorry...

Hi, I don't know if it will fix your problem but I got a new usb cable and that fixed mine thank god, I was so relieved. The cables are so cheap that you haven't got much to lose, I hope it works for you as its so annoying when they stop working.
Good Luck
Sara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back