critical system error

Status
Not open for further replies.

amazon_sephy

Hi,

I often leave my computer on all the time. Last night, i ran some spyware checkers and found nothing... and went to bed, today i wake up and the monitor is black... great, now what happened. i hit the reset switch....boots up all the way past the user name entry and then bang....

blue screen telling me- Stop: c000021a {fatal system error} The windows logon process system terminated unexpectedly with a status of (0x00000000 0x00000000). The system has shut down.

Ok, thats really nice, anyone know what i can do to save my system? I can boot into safe mode just fine. Loaded up into windows the normal way, and worked but then about 5 mins later, crashed right to that blue screen again...

no, none of those are the actual issue.... a quick search on google actually brought me to a post on this website with some other guy getting it from a brand new dell... seems it was the ram, but i dont think that is the case here either, as i started up some games to fill ram up, and nothing happened. oh well, guess ill leave system running and see what happens now....

that again doesnt seem to be the actuall issue, this one has the status of 0xc0000005. However i left my computer running and nothing happened, hopefully it was just having a bad day....

To test your ram, I suggest looking up memtest86+

http://www.memtest.org/

Also, stop errors are sometimes misleading- a fault in hardware or software can cause an error totally unrelated. However, after 5 or 6 you will see a pattern.

Microsoft has a good page explaining all of the stop errors, and the most likely basic causes. If you continue to experience trouble, I suggest you look it up.

Bad News

I hate to tell you this, but I had the same thing happen this morning. When I got home from church my computer had the same message. I called Dell and the guy was incredibly helpful. He tried to fix it without reformatting it but that didn't work. I ended up having to reformat my computer which became an all day thing. Fortunately I had saved all my files because when it was all said and done, I had to load everything back on. I hope yours comes out better than mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back