Crossfire on a sli board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skitzo_zac

I gonna be buying a new system soon, im looking at getting the Asus P5N32-E SLI which uses the 680i sli chipset. I'm wondering if i can run dual ati cards on it in crossfire? or at leats a single ati card? cos im proly gonna be getting a G80 or a R600. Ill be buying in mid april so new G80's and the R600 should be out.

You can only run SLI with two nVidia 6xxx, 7xxx, and now 8xxx series cards.
That mobo is SLI chipset, so NO you cannot run 2X ATI cards in crossfire mode. You CAN however run a single ATI card.
Why not just buy a crossfire board then?

cos i really like the look of the 680i chipset, and well i would proly never use crossfire or sli, i was just wondering cos haveing support for both would be kool and good just in case. I think i read somewhere it can be done with cracked drivers or summit is that not true?

skitzo_zac said:
cos i really like the look of the 680i chipset, and well i would proly never use crossfire or sli, i was just wondering cos haveing support for both would be kool and good just in case. I think i read somewhere it can be done with cracked drivers or summit is that not true?
You can run G70 series cards in SLI on any chipset with cracked drivers. But that is all.

Why would you want an SLI board in the first place if you want Crossfire? Get an RD600-chipset mobo instead. Try the DFI LanParty UT-ICFX3200-T2R. It's one of the best Crossfire mobos available. The 680i's northbridge runs very hot BTW, so that's another reason not to get it.

umm well i doubt i will ever be running crossfire or sli, im gonna be getting a g80 or r600 dunno which one yet, depends on the prices and performanse results. i just want a good mobo with good features at a good price point, which is about $300 AUD. around the prive of the Asus P5N32-E SLI.

Well, why didn't you say so before? Try the GigaByte GA-965P-DS3. It has amazing features and has the tried-and-true Intel P965 chipset, which gives it excellent stability. Another equally good mobo would be the ASUS P5B. I prefer the GigaByte one but take whichever one you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back