Crucial Releases New Ballistix Enthusiast-grade Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantasm66

Now I know what my new machine will be running...

"Crucial, a subsidiary of Micron and one of the biggest names in the business, has just announced the release of its new Ballistix memory line. Made for ultra-high speeds and extra-low latencies, Ballistix brings Crucial into the enthusiast market sector and gives gamers a very competitively priced alternative."

"Today, Crucial officially announced its new high-performance memory line: Crucial(R) Ballistix(TM). Yes, you heard right! Crucial, the company you’ve always relied on for high-quality, stable memory, is now offering DDR and DDR2 modules made just for enthusiasts! You’ve never seen higher speeds or lower latencies from Crucial--ever. And for the first time in Crucial’s history, each module comes with a double-sided aluminum heat spreader. No, that is not a type-o, I said "heat spreader"!"

I think crucial makes great memory. I have a stick of 3200 at 2.5-2-2-11 on 2.6v. One thing I did notice about this Ballistix memory is that it is rated at 2.8v insted of 2.6v. I wonder if regular Crucial memory at 2.8v could do cas2? From what I've heard, the heat spreaders don't do much. I could be wrong.

Still good to hear that Crucial will be entering the performance segment.

Any info on the pricing ? I don't care much for ram faster then PC3200 for those modules will probably be very expensive. But what about PC3200 modules ?

Corsair always had very competitive prices compared to other brands. & those modules still have a lifetime warranty I take it.

Looks mighty impressive. I want to see how it performs in comparison to the other enthusiast brands (Corsair, OCZ, Mushkin, etc.).

Probably not too much of a difference Scotty-B, the guys over at http://www.xtremesystems.org/ run some very impressive systems with LN2 cooling and insane bus-speeds but they do not cool their memory that much...

As far as I have seen memory cooling does not really make much of a difference...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back