Crysis Demo Coming Next Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maikeru

In May, September 25 became a holy day for first-person shooter fans who owned an Xbox 360, as Bungie announced it would be breaking with tradition by releasing the final installment in its Halo trilogy a full two months before its anticipated November launch. Since then, the week has more or less belonged to Halo 3, with few other games rising up to battle for gamers' opening-day dollars.

The gauntlet has been dropped.

However, this week Electronic Arts announced it would be releasing a temptation for the Halo 3 faithful on the same day as the game's release. The publisher will put up a free demo for its highly anticipated, graphically impressive PC shooter Crysis on September 25, the day Bungie's latest storms stores.

The single-player demo will comprise the opening level of Crysis. According to developer Crytek (Far Cry), players will be able to experiment with the unique gameplay elements presented by the protagonist's nanosuit in the demo. It will also help showcase the game's open-ended level design and contain a "huge surprise," says EA.

Crysis will retail for $49.99 on the PC and has not yet been rated. For more on the game, check out GameSpot's previous coverage.

Good time to be a PC gamer? I think so!

Cheers!

Maikeru Hatamoto

cheers indeed! : D

best way to test if my x1900xt 521mb DDR3 vc can run that game, or would it? : l

Wow, this is really sweet news!!!

I preordered the game months ago, with a demo so soon coming I wonder if I will be able to hold out for a nVidia G92/9800 as I was planning... (Guess the demo will let me know ;))

And right now playing the Bioshock demo, this really looks like a nice autumn/winter for PC gaming, been a looong loong while since I played a really really good game!

Crysis and WAR are the two reasons I am building a new computer. This is great news!
Anyone think that Crysis will be the new "it" kid on the block?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back