Crysis feature suddenly not that amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

skitzo_zac

Right well first let me say that I love Crysis, I have finished 3 times now.

Well, I was playing Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorow again on my Xbox. I was playing the 5th Level (Kudang Camp, Indonesia) and I was going to dump a body behind a bush. And then I noticed that as I walked through the branch of the bush it was pushed out of the way by my character (Sam Fisher) Just how the plants get pushed out of your way in Crysis.

Im sure some people are probably going to list a dozen other games that have done the same thing. But I just think it a bit strange that It was like a feature they were showcasing in the Cry Engine2 trailers when I just played a game from 2004 that did the same thing (maybe not as well and didnt look as good, but hey it came out in 2004 and is running on the Xbox not an Uber spec PC)

The only innovation of Crysis is that it offers top graphics that no machines can get 50+ fps on high res and max settings on. Everything else like water effects and motion blur such is available in other games such as Orange Box, Bioshock, and Call of Duty 4 at much better framerates.

Haha, yeah crysis is amazing visually. But I dont think it looks good enough to validate its performance. It needs some serious optimization, patching and newer drivers IMO.

It's not quite the little things Crysis does that make it impressive, it's that it does the little things on such a massive scale.

I have yet to encounter the sharks that are meant to eat you if you swim out too far! I always just get a missle sent to me and I get blow up from the Korean ships all around the island.

Do the sharks actually exist?

Cool, I shall check that out. I really wanna get eaten by sharks myself though. Maybe I can get a shark infested location from the video hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back