Cs Fps Probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

actionn

Hey guys,

I am an avid counter-strike player, and have recently upgraded my system by purchasing an inno3d ge4ti4200 64MB video card. I have been experiencing fps drops when i get into action scenes and places where there is great distance in fron of me, the gameplay becomes noticeably choppy at these times and drops to around 40 fps. My fps_max is set to 101, vertical sync is off, what should i do? My other specs include a 1.4 ghz AMD tbird and 256 MB of ddr2100 RAM.

What drivers are you using? Sometimes the newest drivers are not optimal for gaming. Please post the drivers used and we can possibly divulge deeper into this problem.

The best I can hit with CS is 60 FPS and that's with a Ti-4200 128 video card.. If i can get it to hit 100 FPS, i'd be soo happy

Sorry to those who have seen my other posts regarding this but I am just saying the same thing:

Your video card is not the problem here. A Ti4200 is quite capable of performing up to your expectations. On the other hand, your processor is not. If you can drop geometric detail then you will get better performance. Graphical detail such as FSAA, anistropic filtering and so on can be cranked up and you won't see much of a performance hit at all.

Im not sure but... read!

Yea, I have pentium4 2.53GHZ with geforce4 Ti4200 128MB and
still have 60fps. I asked my freinds about this and got some
clue. First, go to website call www.nvrt.org and download
refreshment tool and simply mofied refresh rate to 100 to
whatever display u using on cs (ex. 800 x 600)
Some of my friends said it worked but mine didn't. Im still
looking for the program. If I find good one and if i found out
it works, I will post again.

With the new nVIDIA drivers, you don't need a 3rd party refresh rate fix. The drivers themselves can overide the 60hz settings for OpenGL & D3D.

Set each resolution to the Optimal refresh rate that your monitor supports & things should be fine.:)

Oh yea one more thing... If u have windows xp, u know u
have to turn off vertical sync right? Man I forgot this, and
soon as I turned off vertical sync, my fps gets 100fps
no matter what. (Even when 20 ppl appear suddenly!)
vertical sync is from control pannel -> display -> advanced
-> click on geforce4 ti 4200 tab -> go to openGL -> and
set vertical sync to be off.
Well, I guess u tried this but little chance that u didn't so
hope ur fps gets 100. GL HF...

darth shiv-

he has a 1.4 ghz processor, half life came out when 300mhz processors were the rage. Its not his processor.

the other thing it could be is your ping, or latency, do you have 56k?

Originally posted by Svoboda
darth shiv-

he has a 1.4 ghz processor, half life came out when 300mhz processors were the rage. Its not his processor.

the other thing it could be is your ping, or latency, do you have 56k?

Agreed. I ran half life for ages on a 1.4Ghz Tbird and a GF3 and maxed out at 99 fps in CS using 1024x768.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back