cs ping difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey.. i got this norwegian "superserver" i had like 15 to 20 ping on it on max. but then i had to format my computer. and now he ping is 30-40 minimum :(. any known reasons for this.. im using f-secure anti virus. no ruter. same rates and config as before. and the same line.. is there any progs or something that lowers or higer your ping ?

:wave: Hello and Welcome to TechSpot :wave:

There could be several reasons for your increase in ping, some of which are on your machine, some on the network between you and the server.

On thing that might have happened is that you had tweaked your internet connection (are you on dsl, cable or isdn) and when you formatted these optimizations where lost.
You can have updated your anti virus program, and the new version uses more system resources than the previous, thus resulting in a slightly higher ping.

Your ISP decided to upgrade the network/optimize it for large transfers instead of fast small packets. The changes increased your ping a bit to the server in question.

The list goes on and on...
If you post your specs, we might be able to help you tweak it back to where it was...
BTW: what "superserver" was it you had such a good ping to?

i have dsl 1024/256

sys spec:
pentium 4 2.8
512 ddr ram
ati radeon 9700 pro
100mb realtek network card

im using f-secure antivirus. but it isnt that. coz when i unloaded it.. nothing happened.

the server is a norwegian pro server. www.gameserver.no

2x amd opteron 242 CPUs 2gb pc3200 ddr ecc ram

got around 1000 fps server side and and the ticrate is 10000

hmm... Underlig.

I don't quite know how I can help you, as my knowledge of CS isn't as up-to-date as it should to fix such a problem... (Haven't played it for a couple of years)

You migth be able to get a bit better ping by checking out our guides, but I can not guarantee that it will fix it.

Hopefully some other member might be able to help you further than I could!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back