cs problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since last week whenever I start counterstrike after 5-10 mins my FPS will drop from 60 to >15, I've noticed a proccess called 'system' begins to use 27% of CPU but only 213k memory also my fan goes on, I've tried everything from unistalling to doing a system restore. I've also virus scanned, ad-adaware scanned and used Spybot search and destroy, all with no luck :(

I've tried changing all the video options within CS, editing the autoconfig, used d3d instead of gpl.......

The comp has a 1.5ghz processor and 512mb RAM, this is low but it should be and has been more than enough to get a good game of cs out of. I'm just about to format the HD but was wondering if anyone has had the same problem?

Did you check the CPU and video card temperatures? They may be running a bit hot. Excessive heat can slow down computer components.

BTW, welcome to Techspot! :)

wolfram said:
Did you check the CPU and video card temperatures? They may be running a bit hot. Excessive heat can slow down computer components.

BTW, welcome to Techspot! :)

Thanks for the welcome :), how would I go about checking the temperature?

I've downloaded a utility called process explorer and looked into what it was within 'system' which caused the increase in cpu usage. It turned out to be a process called 'senfilt' which is used by 'soundmax intergrated digital audio drivers', I've tried downloading and installing the latest drivers however this has not helped! =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back