Cut & Paste?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice

I often see photos "doctored", i.e., peoples heads are swapped, & am told that "cut & paste" is involved, could someone take me through the procedure please? I'm assured that I can manage it, does it involve sending the photo to My Pictures after scanning?
It is something that I have longed to be able to do.
Thanx.

All you need really, is a pair of scissors. You "cut" the head out of one photo, and "paste" it over someone else's in another photo.

Seriously though, you will need a program like PaintShopPro, where you can open e.g. 2 photos side by side. With the built-in tools you can indeed cut any part out of any photo and paste it onto the other one. The program is so clever that it tries to blend a matching background in as well.

With programs like Kai's PowerSoap, you can make contortions or grimaces of someone's face.

You could scan in your pictures (e.g. to My Pictures) or use digital images from a digital camera.
The software can be guided to pick up the pics from anywhere on your PC.

HTH

Well, a cheap way of doing so would be with cut and paste, but one of many professional ways of doing so would be using Adobe Photoshop's "masking" ability.

I would take a look at some websites such as www.teamphotoshop.com if your interested in learning to do something like that. I would type up a small tutorial for you on using a mask, but it's 4:42am :). Take a look at that website and visit it's links page then visit other website's links pages and you'll find a lot of different websites with useful information. Also do a search on google for "photoshop tutorial" or something similiar to that.

Thanx, guys, I certainly will try your various suggestions as to software, but, before I buy any disks, XP, as you know, is notoriously "fussy"as regards installations on some things, [well, mine is, anyway!] so, if you can have the patience to deal with a fairly newcomer to computing [18 months] could someone show me how to use the "built-in" basic cut & paste,..... I'd be grateful.

P.S., Wow, Acidosmosis!....4:42 am? thanx for the thought though, is it shift work, or couldn't you sleep? [serious question, NOT sarcasm]

Maurice, I may be completely wrong on this, but I don't think there is a "built-in" cut & paste for editing pictures. You probably know this already, but to cut & paste text and/or graphics, hold the left mouse button down and highlight the area you want to copy/cut. Once the area is highlighted, click with the right button to get the pop up menu. Among others, you will have a choice of "copy", "cut" and "paste. Click either copy or cut. Open the destination page and position your curser to the spot where you want to insert. Right click again and click "paste". Your original stuff should appear.

Hope this helps!

Pardon my ignorance, jshields13, but my knowledge is fairly basic, plus I'm an old guy, with just 18 months experience in computing. I presume, [obviously, I suppose] that I load the photo in my scanner, bring it up on screen, then do I carry on as you said, from thereon? do I just click "cut" [I just want to swap heads etc from there, on the scanned picture] Thanx for your help!

Maurice, you really need photo editing software such as Adobe Photoshop or PaintShopPro to do the kind of stuff you want. There are some relatively inexpensive ones available. What I was talking about was basically moving test and/or graphics from one place to another. As far as being an "old guy", I think I'm in the same club!

Good Luck!

Jeff

Ah well Jim, [great, know your name now] looks like I'll have to fork out if I want to do this, it was only a thought, I'm on my own now, having lost my wife, & long time retired, anything to relieve boredom is welcome!
I have Sky & a PS2, & with my PC, manage to keep the brain "turning over". I tell people that I'm in my 70's, my body sometimes feels as though I'm 80, & my brain is 40!
Feel free to email me for a chat, if you'd like, you can do this via my profile. How's the Sunshine State this time of year? as you will see, I live on the Isle of Wight, known here as "The Sunshine Isle".....not much sun at the moment though, just fog & drizzle!

All the best,

Maurice

Maurice, go buy the April 2004, issue 131 from PCAnswers (see also www.pcanswers.co.uk)
In there is a full description on just your cut-n-paste question.

I would go a step further, and advise you to subscribe to that magazine, it has a wealth of information, and is the only PC-magazine that I ever read (I have a subscription since 2000).
It has minimal advertising as well, so it makes for pleasant reading.

Thanx, Irish, I'll go to my local W.H.Smith's on Monday, then think seriously about taking out a subscription.

All the best,

Maurice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back