Cutting down win2k kernel to closer to win98

Status
Not open for further replies.

jago25_98

Hi (first post).

I'm trying to figure out how I can kill as many processes as possible.

If I try it at the moment I get various access denied messages.

Is there some utility to aid me in this?

What other processes run other than system services and current running programs.

I'm trying to cut everything down as much as possible to see if I can get loadlin
to work under win2k as unfortunately it requires win98 or DOS mode.

My ultimate goal:

Boot straight into a live linux CD from winNT!

Got any tips for killing processes by scripting?

"Boot straight into a live linux CD from winNT"

Trying to do it without reboot. Booting from floppy/cdrom is passworded.

yes that's right, and some more reasons:-

ok, explain my motives:

- I would like to be able to boot linux now the BIOs at University is now passworded. Actually we use WinXP at Uni so it's probably different anyway.

- I have a computer that can't boot from CDROM

- I have had in the past an old laptop with a passworded BIOs that I couldn't get past; even shorting out the battery did nothing. This would make it useful again.

- would just be very nice to be able to have full control right to linux from admin

It's just a cool thing I'd like to know how to do. While it would be nice to be able to run linux at work that isn't my main motivation, the main reason is to find out more about how things work, especially over Windows as it seems a black art.

I've already figured out I can kill 25 out off 30 processes to free up memory, using a kill command, especially useful for gaming at home. Next goal is disabling services with a script.

However, all this is relevent. Hackers (in the real sense of the word) help each other regardless. But then, I suppose that would be alien to this Windows world. That's enough trolling for today :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back