Cyberpowerpc.com good pc for money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IH8PunkRok

CASE: Xion III Gaming Mid-Tower 420W Case with Side Window (BLACK COLOR)
CPU: (Socket AM2) AMD Athlon™64 X2 3800+ Dual-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology
MOTHERBOARD: (Socket AM2)MSI K9N4 SLI-F nForce 500 SLI Chipset DDR2/800 SATA-II RAID MBoard w/ Dual 16x PCI-Express
MEMORY: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard)1GB (2x512MB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Value Select or Major Brand)
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 7100 GS TurboCache supporting 256MB PCI-E (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
VIDEO CARD 2: NONE
LCD Monitor: NONE
HARD DRIVE: Single Hard Drive (160GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)
Data Hard Drive: NONE
Optical Drive: NONE
Optical Drive 2: NONE
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

all of this for $570 its a perfect deal for me cause i have a new monitor keyboard drives and all that good stuff
so is this a fair computer?

I would say it would be a good deal if they threw in a GeForce 7300-GPU. Note that the 7100 is NOT for gaming. Please note that the vid card is also "Turbo Cache" meaning it takes it's memory from your system memory (ram). Yes, you do get a lot for your money, but the video card is bottlenecking that computer.

I would not recomend choosing cyberpower, i was looking for a place to get my next custom pc and did a some research, some folks had bad experiences with them, while others didnt. So it seems that you could be taking a chance Also a couple of reviews were not that good. I eventually chose avadirect.com based on good reviews and recomendations. Also check out their rating at resellersratings.com:

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/AVA_Direct

They have an almost perfect rating, also read the customer comments.

And look at cyberpower's ratings:

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/CyberPower

While not that bad, but not that good either, some people wrent happy with them.

If you are looking for an inexpensive system both places offer that, but why not go with a more reliable seller? This is just my opinion though, all i'm saying is do your reserach before you spend your hard earned cash.

And another thing, do you have to get AMD, i'm actually surprised no one commented on this. I think you can get a system based on a E4300 processor for a little more than $600, at least with intel you'll be guranteed an upgrade with AM2, i'm just not sure. Others will correct me if i'm wrong about this. when i was shopping for my pc i too had to decide between the 2 and i chose intel.

Socket AM2 is the newest AMD socket and should be in use for quite come time now.

Well, thats good to know. when i was choosing a processor people preached intel to me until they were blue in the face and if anyone even mentioned AMD they got flamed. I'm curious to know, lets say that he wants to upgrade to the new AM3 processor in a year or so, would that AM2 board be compatible with it?

The AM3 Socket won't be out for a while, after next year. It is like the 775 Socket; it will be there for a while.

570 aint bad, but the specs are a little weird. Turbocache is a waste of a video card, hyperthreaded onboard video does the same thing. I think as far as gaming goes an athlon 3500 or 3800 would work better than the x2 3800.

I give it a 3 out of 5

The X2 3800+ would out-performance the 3500+ or 3800+ Athlon 64's. Note the "X2" = times 2 = dual core. I have an Athlon 64 3500+, and while fast, it's nowhere near the X2 series.

ive made a couple changes how about this

CASE: Xion III Gaming Mid-Tower 420W Case with Side Window (BLACK COLOR)
CPU: (Socket AM2) AMD Athlon™64 X2 3800+ Dual-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology
MOTHERBOARD: (Socket AM2)MSI K9N Neo-F nForce 550 Chipset DDR2/800 SATA-II RAID 16x PCI-Express MBoard w/GbLAN, USB2.0, &7.1Audio
MEMORY: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard)1GB (2x512MB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Value Select or Major Brand)
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS 256MB 16X PCI EXPRESS (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
VIDEO CARD 2: NONE
LCD Monitor: NONE
HARD DRIVE: Single Hard Drive (250GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)
Data Hard Drive: NONE
Optical Drive: NONE
Optical Drive 2: NONE
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

this one is only $554
i believe the video card is better
all i really wanna play is WoW every once and a while
i just want a faster computer cause mine sucks terribly

The X2 3800+ would out-performance the 3500+ or 3800+ Athlon 64's. Note the "X2" = times 2 = dual core. I have an Athlon 64 3500+, and while fast, it's nowhere near the X2 series

How many games out there are multi-threaded, though? How often is your processor your limiting factor while gaming, especially single-instance gaming?

When I played WoW it was RAM that was limiting me. I'd suggest the athlon 3500 (it'll save you a little money) and 2 gigs of ddr2 instead of just the one. I also didn't see too much of a difference between 667 and 800 but I wasn't paying much attention, I had to downgrade because of bad sticks.

I've used a GeForce 6150 to play WoW - the quality definitely isn't the best, but if you just want it to not lag then a 7300 should be more than enough.

i wanted a dual core cause i hate waiting for anything
so i just wanted to jump ahead and get one
plus this computer will most likely bea round until i go to college

foozy said:
How many games out there are multi-threaded, though? How often is your processor your limiting factor while gaming, especially single-instance gaming?

More and more games are being able to be used by more than one thread, which is most likely the future of computer games. I'm saying this for the future.

if any of u can find that same collection of parts or better for the same amount or cheaper than please tell me im on a low low budget

I would NOT recomend letting them offer you anything, CyberPower has by far the worst costumer support, they don't know what they are doing and could care less about you and your system after they got your money. I bought a laptop from them that had an incompatible chipset with the video card and after countless calls and requests of software or returns, they gave me sh*t. The price may seem good, but make sure that your build actually functions correctly. Perhaps it may have been my model, but several friends have had the same complaints about costumer support.

<Edit:Typos>

Thats exactly why i advised againt going with Cyberpower, they are practically famous for horrible customer service and poor quality. I've heard stories like this one told by skarex several times already, thats why i decided not to get their system. It seems that they better in the past but have downhill since then.You should really look for another place to spend your money, go with the place i suggested originally or look into other custom builders, but most importantly do your research before you buy. Another option for you may be to have your pc built locally, if you have reputable builders in your area.

Edited by Moderator: Removed quote. There`s no need to quote the post directly above your own. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back