D-link DI-524UP and LAN access problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
After I installed DI-524UP router, I lost access to my LAN, i.e. to other computers, earlier it worked fine with linksys router. I can access Internet from any PC from my lan, but no access to other PCs. I have set up home network a few times(all XP computers), sharing and necessary protocols are enabled, but the problem still remains. Anyone has an idea what might be causing this problem? I have a few "normal" desktops and couple of wireless notebook in my lan.

Did you lose connectivity between the wired PCs too? Can you ping?

Do you have any software firewalls on your computers? If you defined any firewall rules, do they match the new LAN? (Different router makers use different default addresses)

Did you lose connectivity between the wired PCs too? Can you ping?

Yes, I can't connect to any PC, wired or wireless. I can ping addresses in Internet, but not in my LAN. If I start the FTP server in one of my PC, I can access that by using ftp client within LAN.

Do you have any software firewalls on your computers? If you defined any firewall rules, do they match the new LAN? (Different router makers use different default addresses)

I have firewall and I changed already the one I was using, but didn't help. And the firewall in the router affects to the traffic between LAN and Internet, if I'm not completely wrong. That firewall has only minimum settings that I can't even remove.

N3051M said:
are your IP addresses for the PCs and the router all matching? eg: 192.168.0.x

Yes, all are matching, I tried also using static IPs and also DHCP, but the result was same.

OK.. If FTP works, then that means the network itself is OK. Try disabling the firewall(s)? Are you trying to access other computers by their IP addresses or names?

Are you trying to access other computers by their IP addresses or names?

I'm using computer names, when trying to access them. Actually I can't even see the names in the network, only occasionally I can see other PC, but when trying to access, I get error message that I don't have "permission to use network resource" and "the network path was not found"

Try disabling the firewall(s)?

Ok, this did the trick.... it is that software firewall after all.... have to check what's actually causing the problem. Thanks for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back