D-Link DI-624 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been a headache so please bare with me while I try to explain all of this. I have had a D-Link DI-624 Rev. C router for approx. 6 months now, it has been running fine up until 2 days ago.

I just transfered my service from Comcast from my previous apartment to my new apartment and Comcast mistakenly jotted down the wrong mac address of the modem and has been ghosting... According to them... basically my internet hasn't been working.

We finally get my internet up and running via direct connect and I immediately work on the router to get my main computer to work via ethernet and a laptop to connect via wirelessly, everything works fine.... I'm making this seem less of a headache as it actually was.

At this point I feel like I should tackle a few things that I have been meaning to do so, I decided to clean out my graphics card because it has been running really hot so I disconnect everything and clean out my card to bring it back to safe temperature levels... But of course once you fix something, something else goes wrong... The damn router isn't working. I basically do the basic procedure... power down modem and router, /release and /renew... ect... disable, enable, repair, update firmware.

I have also tried it on different computers so I'm coming to the conclusion my router is fried... and I should have stuck with Linksys from the get go... I had a Linksys router at my moms house with my brothers putting it through heavy loads everyday with there constant gaming and I have yet to have a problem with it, and its older...

Basically if you guys have any other suggestions please feel free to offer some advice, I'm looking to buy a Linksys router tomorrow, but if there is something I've overlooked I'm more then willing to give it a try, I don't really feel like shelling out 70 bucks.

Thanks again.

Sorry, didn't see it there.

Try assigning your NIC a static IP address. Use a known DNS server instead of your router if possible (203.2.75.2 does recursive look-ups for anyone, but is in Australia) rather than your router. Can you now ping your router and ping a public IP address and www.google.com?

If not, factory reset your router and try again ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back