D-link problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pheryllt

I have a D-Link (DI-524) Router. I also have a modem by 2Wire Gateway. My problem is I can connect to the router but I cant get it to then connect throught the modem.
Ive tried a few things like Uninstalling BroadJump but it doesnt seem to work.

Also, now I cant even get a wired connection (which I could before, Just not wireless). I went into my D-link settings and changed the WAN to Dynamic PPPoe, and I reset my router and now I cant get back to the settings.

If ANYONE can sort through my chaos please help...

Thanks

Is your router an Ethernet Router or similar? By that I mean can you put your modem in bridge mode and give the router your PPPOE settings?

If your modem sends an IP address through the ethernet then set it Dynamic IP address...

I would call your ISP, they can usually help you out and tell you the gateway etc.

Regards,

Korrupt

Yes my router is wireless/ethernet wired, But I dont know what you mean by bridging my Modem?

Thanks for the help :)

You can bridge devices so that for instance a adsl modem bridged with a router/firewall of sorts means the adsl modem is soely responsible for dialing, whereas the router/firewall can use the PPPOE settings.
A little complex if you dont know what you're doing, so go with the other chap who suggested contacting your ISP :grinthumb

have you actualy run the DLINK's router's setup wizard yet? its quite simple and do let it auto-detect the WAN connection because its usualy right the first time..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back