D-Link WBR-2310 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

HISRADEON9550

Hi,

I've been experiencing problems with my D-Link WBR-2310 router for a long, time. The trouble is, on all 3 computers, a Wii, and an Xbox 360, there is trouble with dropouts. I've contacted D-Link, and they gave me some info to make it work, but their "solution" caused my network to become unacceptably slow, and ultimately, the problem was still occurring. I change all of their setting back to the defaults, except the Preamble, which I kept to Long Preamble. It ha made little difference in doing this.

The problem isn't just occurring with the Wireless aspect. My 360, is connected to the router via ethernet cable, not wireless, and it experienced the dropouts. Likewise, when I set my computer up to the ethernet cable, still, with the dropouts.

I've spent endless hours struggling to find a fix, to no avail, any help would be extremely appreciated.

If it's any help, here's what little I know:

This is not limited to wireless, but Wireless and Wired

Our ISP is 10 MBPS and the router is set to 10/100 MBPS

Everything on the router, is the default, except the Preamble, which I set to Long.

Thanks for everything!

google for a firmware update to 'D-Link WBR-2310 router'
make sure you have the precise version number (if any)
and note the firmware version alread running (ie use the admin login)

If there is an update, download it and install

BE SURE to use a wired connection when performing the update itself :)

I've had problems with D-Link stuff (a DWL-g650 pcmcia card) and had to come up with my own solutions to get it to work. Good luck.

well ....... shall we guess or will you give us at least a hint ;)

Well if you want to know about the pcmcia card what needed to be done was to get rid of the program that put the icon on the taskbar (which was a picture of bars like a cell phone letting you know if you had a connection to the wifi net or not). This icon program was interfearing with windowsXP somehow and would freeze the computer and also crash it on bootup if the card was installed before the computer was booted up. By deleting the program from the startup menu and just allowing the drivers to run, the card worked beautifully. Dlink used Atheros innerds on that card (DWL-G650), so I knew it had to be a good setup. I later downloaded the Atheros drivers just to make sure it was running at its best.

Thank you for contributing your insight to those that experience this problem.:approve:

Jeez, I feel like an *****.

Sorry for not giving much info. Let me try and elaborate.

For no reason at all, Wireless and Wired devices connected to our router, will at random times, just blink out. No internet for about 5 seconds. You can immagine how frustrating this is, getting kicked off of messengers, and having to restart downloads and the likes. Like I said, it happens at random times, and no matter how I change the settings, from my knowedge, nothing happens.

The Modem's ethernet cable is fine, and its a modem about 3 or 4 years old, max.

This is another odd occurence. The web based configuration tool, for the D-Link router, doesn't work all the time. If I try to access it, it doesnt load and the router resets itself. The only way to get to the utility is to unplug the modem from the router, access the router, change the settings, and the plug the modem back in. For about 5 minutes after the modem was reconnected to the router, after acessing the Web Configuration page, the page can be accessed from a computer without resetting the router. Any time after this, we must unplug the modem from the router and repeat the process.

Assuming I get on to the web based configuration page, with the modem still plugged into the router, and the router DOESN'T reset, the page is horribly slow

I am having a really foul experiance with the people at Dlink. Ive returned my 2310 via RMA auth. After getting one back no repair or improvement had been made. Hanging on a sub par consumer help line listening to a sales pitch for absurd amounts of time is beyond resonable. The exact same problem described by other boadr posters caused my contacting them initially. I think Im being given the run around. Anyone offering an end run idea is appreciated. Id really just like out of it by having my money refunded in exchange for this thing.

With my D-link WBR-2310 wireless router has worked fine after i installed it, however the computer i used to set it up moved to another location a wile and then it stopped working, The router itself did not change location. I can't access the router settings via the ip adress and it seems like it does not reset right. After a reset the (0) light contunies to flash and no conecnity or progress is made in fixing the "can not assign Ip adress issue." Both XP and one win 98 machine run on this network and i know it worked before I moved and now that i have returned it fails to function properly.

I had problems for several months with
my D-Link WBR-2310 (Version A1)(firmware 1.05).....it would
cut out our connections repeatedly.

Finally just before giving up, and thrashing it,
I finally got a new "solution" from the D-Link
Teck II people, as follows:

Leave the router connected to your puter...
Unplug the power to your router...........wait 1min or so..
Now, plug it in, let it go through it's setup(30secs or so)

Now, locate the "reset" hole at the back of the router,
use a pen, paperclip, etc. and push it in gently and hold for a minute;

Again let it go through all of it's setup..

Once all that is finished and a connection is established to your puter,
follow all the steps below........

In your Internet Browser... enter: 192.168.0.1
user name: admin
password: (leave blank)

click "setup" at the top
click "manual configure" at the bottom
then click "wireless settings" on the left

Enable Wireless : put a check mark
network name: dlink
channel: 11
enable auto channel: check mark
range mode and 802.11 mode: (leave blank)
security mode: enable WPA wireless security(enhanced)
cipher type: TKIP
personal/enterprise: personal
passphrase : (use your own)
FINALLY, click on SAVE SETTINGS at middle top left

Moderator edit
removed excessive capitals

I was experiencing all kinds of grief with my WBR-2310 so I down-graded my firmware to 1.04 and all has been running fine for a couple days now. I was getting tired of having to reset the router every couple days.

good for you -- most people would not attempt a regression as a fix but as you see,
sometimes that's what is necessary :0

BRAVO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back