D3dx9_34.dll?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nique80

I have this problem.. when i finished installed and wanna play it.. a message appear said:

"This application has failed to start because d3dx9_34.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem".

I had reinstalled it several times and the problem still occur. My friend has the same problem too.

Does anyone knows how to solve this problem? Thank you in advance.

It happen to me too, i think you need windowsXP or Vista. I am using windows98se, and i am able to have D3DX9_32.DLL, but not 34. I think 34 is for a higher OS.

"I have this problem.. when i finished installed and wanna play it"...

You want to play what? This is a laptop. How much memory is installed in the system? Select Start, Run and enter "dxdiag" without the quotes. Tell us what you see

I agree Tha General,
but some have only a laptop and no desktop. Maxing out the memory and updating video card drivers to the latest versions are the only realistic things that can be done to a laptop to improve gaming, and overall performance

Same Problem

I had this problem too...and thought it was the cause of my computer crashing during games\graphic intensive programs. Turned out it was the voltage defaults for my ram...BIOS default was set to 1.8v and I had to manually change to 1.9v - stabilized computer for one card but still having trouble getting dual sli cards working.

thrower1...

"stabilized computer for one card but still having trouble getting dual sli cards working"...

On a laptop??

sorry.. i played Need for Speed Prostreet... but i solve the problem already.. i download the file somewhere and put it into windos/system folder.. now i have no prob playin

nique80 said:
sorry.. i played Need for Speed Prostreet... but i solve the problem already.. i download the file somewhere and put it into windos/system folder.. now i have no prob playin

Serious? I think i need to try it. I thought D3DX9_34.DLL was a xp or vista file. maybe i need to try it out on wind9x, i'm trying to play a game that requires the file or it says its missing.

I hv download the file edi....but cant start the game. Where u put it ?
i drag it in windows/system32/directx/dinput...is it rite ?

Ya...i hv download edi...but its cant install wan. Its onlu a file tat cab drag into the system folder.
I hv drag into it...but still cant open my game .
Do u noe which website can get install de file ?

Teranius...thanks ya !
After i download it...can the problem solve after installation?

Wanna ask u...u got play NFS Prosteet or not ?

When i install...it pop out tis msg "Please type the location where u wan to place the extracted files" so...where should i extracted it ?
In the C:/system32/directx or in the game folder ?

yeah, im playing it.

it's asking you where to extract the .exe file, so anywhere should be fine, even on your desktop

Yeah, I usually place it in C:\1 or something so that I don't leave it there once it has been installed. Nice that it does not require any reboots.

Even for vista you should download the latest dx9 updates.

Oh...yaya. I hv install edi. But when i wanna start my game ( NFS Prostreet ) its pop out the same msg again. ( d3dx9_34.dll not found )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back