D600 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

R. Ravenclaw

Hi all! I have a D600 that will occasionaly boot to a black screen that says no bootable devices found. I have removed and reinserted the hdd and that solved the problem for a day or too. Diagnostics do not reveal any hardware issues. Does anyone know if there is a known issue with hdd connection problems in the Latitude D600?
Thanks for any help you may offer.

Take out the battery and CD ROM/or CDRW from the bay and see if that solves your problem. When last did you update the BIOS?

Would think hard disk is ready to pack in. So make sure you back up all your stuff!

Flashing the BIOS won't go wrong (well not usually) though and only takes 2 mins.

Thanks

Thanks for both suggestions. The hard drive is new as of January. I have updated the bios. This is a strange problem as it is intermittent and there is nothing significant in the event log....Not sure how to proceed. I wonder if the "new" drive was not so new and came with it's own set of problems.

Can you enter the bios? If so is the HDD recognized? If it is, is it first boot?

Reformat and reinstall the hard drive.
Even new hard drives fail, because they were subject to a lot of impact in shipping... Take advantage of the warranty if the reformat and reinstall of Windows does not take care of the problem.

D600s are known to run VERY hot which in turn kills the Hard drives. We have many here in the Army and I can't tell you how many times they go tits up.

So I was right Tedster you're in Army... D600 problems were solved in D610s but now replaced by D620s... Updating the BIOS is easy through Windows but the Battery has to be good , AC power has to be right otherwise it would fail before it updates. I think the last update for D600 was BIOS A26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back