Daily BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been getting daily BSODs for a couple months now, probably 2-3 a day on average but sometimes in excess of 10. The problem seems to only occur when I'm watching videos or listening to mp3s at which point I get a blue screen and if I had some kind of audio going it turns into a grinding noise.

I've had some problems prior to installing Vista a couple months ago so I'm not sure if this is related to Vista at all.

I've tried a new video card, swapping my memory, memory tests, checked for overheating etc. all to no avail. The only thing I can think of at this point is to take a look at these minidump files but I don't know how to read them.

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 00000000
BCP3: 95A15B3C
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

All the dumps are the same and the process is also the same, that being OneTouch.exe. This looks to be a OneTouch backup system for an external Maxtor disk drive. Do you have such a thing? If it's not necessary then you can try disabling the OneTouch feature to see if it's the problem.

I ran a diagnostic on my external HDD and apparently it needs to be serviced. Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back