DAP help or hinderance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazuzu

I recently installed DAP (Speedbit Download Acceleator Plus v7.4.01) but am wondering if it is really any use to me. I have a 256kbps ADSL conection & run Win98 on a 333MHz PC. I don't download much in the way of music or multimedia & have limited system resources. I wonder if I would be better off without DAP but before I uninstall it ( the uninstall failed first attempt ! ) I would like a second opinion.

Uninstall DAP

Thanks for the advice realblackstuffDAP does not uninstall - I tried via control panel , CCleaner & from start/programs . When "wise wizard installation" starts the My documents window opens showing file name INSTALL of filetype install.log & then when I try to open I get "file not found. Please verify the correct file name was given". I emailed DAP support & they advise I should re-install DAP. On a previous error - DAP caused an invalid page fault in module MCF42.DLL at 0167.6C40049e registers - they advised renaming dapm_ftp.dll to dapm_ftp.xxx - which I did. I wonder if that is part of the problem.

DAP is a real pain. It once broke my system and contains adware like RBS already said. It's tough to get rid off as you already noticed.
I don't use any download accelerators any more since resuming is not a problem in XP as opposed to Win98 (or was it 95, even?). Those times really sucked. :rolleyes:

DAP zapped by spybot S & D

Just a thought for anyone trying to ditch DAP - I recollect that Spybot S&D (possibly a recent upgrade) found two DAP related issues & after getting rid I was free of the dippy DAP doo-da

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back