Darksma problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how i got it, but my virus scanner picks up this trojan but cant seem to get rid of it

i have attached a log of HJT for my computer.

can someone please help me to completely remove this? If so, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is infected with a variety of malware.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of oz_hun only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

thanks Howard

i have gone through those steps and my VET virus scanner now claims to be picking up vundo!generic, although AVG Anti-Spyware says it cant find anything and all the other programs which i downloaded and ran seem to not be picking anything up

however, the darksma problem does appear to have been fixed.

i have attached the HJT and Combofix logs. AVG Anti-root also claimed to not find anything.

not sure if the logs came through, so will try again

You didn`t post an AVG Antispyware log as requested. Please do so in your next reply.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your system.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\windows\ALCMTR.EXE<This is classed as spyware, although it`s not particularly nasty.

Post an AVG Antispyware log.

Other than the above, your HJT log is clean.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of oz_hun only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back