.dbx file will not load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

swc0671

I just had to reimage my machine but before I did that I took all my email folders and copied them to a backup disk. I have reinstalled everything except for one folder in my Outlook Express. I gott all the old emails in there but this one folder (a ".dbx file) will not load. Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong or if there is a good way to do this?

swc0671 said:
I just had to reimage my machine but before I did that I took all my email folders and copied them to a backup disk. I have reinstalled everything except for one folder in my Outlook Express. I gott all the old emails in there but this one folder (a ".dbx file) will not load. Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong or if there is a good way to do this?

Not sure what you mean by load, but to do what you want, close outlook express and find the inbox.dbx, mine was located in the following path

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{6A1A8C07-D032-4A87-A5A1-188B01DA15D0}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

You may need to set windows to show hidden files (tools, folder options)

Rename the old inbox.dbx to something other than inbox.dbx and then copy the new file into that path, now when Express starts you should see your old emails.

If you currently have emails in outlook you want to keep, then create a folder called store and move them into that folder before renaming inbox.dbx.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back