DDR3 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

acacia666avenue

I was going to upgrad my ddr2 memory to some 800Mhz, but i see that DDR3 ram is out. I was also going to upgrade my mobo in the near future and was wondering when DDR3 SLI mobo's will be out and if I should wait to purchase my RAM. And also is there going to be a new nvidia chipset soon? Please help if anyone knows anything. Thanks

OK, umm seems like they forgot one of the questions... Probably next year sli ddr3 mobos will come out. I think that nvidea didnt have rights to the chipset, so no sli, as you read amd/ati have the rights to the southbridge it seems. So for me, I know that if ati comes out with better cards and ever gets on top of their darn game I'll go crossfire.

Even so crossfire will still suck as to not both of the pci e slots are x16.

DDR3 is uber expensive and really not worth it at this time, but if you got the bux, feel free to spend.

If you buy DDr3 just make sure you do your homework. I tried to do a rating/dollar ratio to see which would be best for me. I do notice some difference from my ddr2 setup. I have plenty more bandwidth than before, and my system starts up to windows about 10 seconds faster. I could go on and on, but just make sure you do your research.

If i remember right...DDR2 800 is faster then the low end DDR3s =O Do you even notice the difference? I'm using standard DDR and its quite fast, And since the prices are just so expensive I don't think its worth it spending so much money now, Wait a few months or a year. =O

Sorrow said:
If i remember right...DDR2 800 is faster then the low end DDR3s =O Do you even notice the difference? I'm using standard DDR and its quite fast, And since the prices are just so expensive I don't think its worth it spending so much money now, Wait a few months or a year. =O

low end ddr3 starts at 800, that's why, but anything 1300+ u can notice a difference, especially in game fps

Sorrow said:
the few miliseconds shaved will not even be noticed.

miliseconds? yeah i guess if you're running ddr3 800, but then what's the dog on point of buying ddr3 right, well at least if you're going that low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back