Dead Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning, afternoon or evening depending which hemisphere you are in, uk here so Good Morning.

I have some experience with pc's & microsoft but struggling with putting together a couple of computers from several old ones. I have\had a good motherboard which isn't responding when put into a new case, I've checked the power as in put the power pack into another computer and it worked. I can't see a fuse on the motherboard, then again don't know what I'm looking for as have not been able to get hold of the manual. Can anyone suggest what I can do next to test it?

Also

My sons computer keep throwing wobblies (I'm sure there are evil little pixies in computers that dissapear when I open the case just to find there way back).

I got the message Verifying DMI Pool Data ... nothing.
Eventully managed to ghost hiis hard drive, can't remember what stages I went through but got it up and working, shut down and bang back to square one. He has a second hard drive set just to save data, no operating system.

Any help gratefully received

Gail

System specs? also, make sure your motherboard wasnt somehow shocked with static electricity. That could be the problem.

How would I know if it was because I'd given it a shock and if so what could I do about it?

The Motherboard is a MS8308EP(266) but haven't managed to get any info on it.

Ta

Gail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back