Debug file attached, can anyone tell me what it means?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using gotomypc to work on a friend's machine plagued by sudden reboots. I removed dualing anti-virus programs, replaced a five year old graphics driver (went from version 2.1 to 9.x). Memory was tested by a local technician. Some of the event log errors were with lsasrv. I ran a sasser tool and it came up empty. I also ran a blaster tool. Nothing. It is rebooting far less frequenly. In fact, I am using gotomypc.com to post this note remotely and it hasn't rebooted.

Would appreciate if somebody could look at the debuglog file I created based on instructions found on this remarkable tech board.

-Bob

Attachments

• debuglog.txt
    18 KB · Views: 6
Crashes are occurring at win32k.sys which most likely is the memory. If it's overclocked change the settings to normal, if there are more than one stick swap them out one at a time to see if the computer crashes. Clean out the inside of the case with compressed air. You could try running a memory test but some bad memory still passes those tests.

Thanks for the information

fastco said:
Crashes are occurring at win32k.sys which most likely is the memory. If it's overclocked change the settings to normal, if there are more than one stick swap them out one at a time to see if the computer crashes. Clean out the inside of the case with compressed air. You could try running a memory test but some bad memory still passes those tests.

Hi,
I will have the user burn the mem test to a bootable CD and we'll run it again. I'll see if she's up to opening the case and checking for dust.

-Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back