Decent 2.1 speaker suggestions? Anyone??

Status
Not open for further replies.

josbd

At the moment I am running some rather old 2.1 Creative Inspire speakers via a Creative Audigy 2 Platinum ZS. Bought that because it was a bargain £40 brand new.....

Anyway, decided it is about time for an upgrade, speaker wise, especially seeing as people are asking me what I might like for Christmas! :D

The little old Inspires do do a pretty good job. I don't game, I simply want a decent set of 2.1s to listen to music from.

For software I use Foobar.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might take a look/listen at?

System at the moment is pretty old, too, but about to be upgraded.

Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (to be replaced by the 4000+)
ASRock board (undecided about replacement yet!)

I don't think you really need any more system info!

Anyway, any suggestions would be eagerly set upon!

Thanks chaps!

any 2.1 speakers over 50$ or so should be of decent quality as to what you're looking for. at least they will be mucbh better than your current 20$ inspires. (i have the same ones, i know how they are :p )

i would stick with creative, they make great speaker sets.

as for the aforementioned motherboard, i would go with ASUS or gigabyte. if you're building a new rig i say get a core 2 duo processor, there are many good LGA775 mobos out there for the core 2 market.

JBL, Altec Lansing, Harman Kardon are a few brands that have superb audio quality, and look nice too.. :D

Thanks both!

Looks like a visit to erm PC W**** to have a listen is on. Naturally I shall buy whichever I choose, elsewhere, heheh

Is this possible

Some stores like Best Buy have them on display to hear them.
This is how i decided on mine.
I just installed Audigy 4 and removed Audigy 2.
It made a big difference to my 5.1 since i play dvd movies.
But mp3's sound great with the included player.
******** Don't buy an oem********** Get all the included software.
SB rules.

yes, make sure you hear before you buy. i always like to crank it up and see if any distortion is present at higher volumes. good speakers will not distort even when running at their full rated wattage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back