Decent gaming computer for around $1000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wibtr

Is there such a thing? So far Ive looked at the Slimline series of HP. Also a HP M7790e dual core 2.6 ghz, 2gbddr 667mhz, and 250gb harddrive. plus a GeForce 7600 256mb card. For about $1300. Any other suggestions?

nickslick74 said:
Are you willing to build a computer yourself? You wind up saving a decent amount of cash, you know exactly what is in the 'box' and it is fairly simple to do.

Otherwise look at www.cyberpowerpc.com
Damn, they got some nice machines for cheap at that link. Thanks.

They would. Don't forget to choose the 7900 gt as the graphics card though. The 7300le is in no way suited for gaming, and I doubt the x1300 is.

It looks quite ok as long as you choose the upgraded components. The 7900gt is a great card. A few of my friends have it and they like it a lot.
However, I would recommend you build one yourself. I did so last year. It was very fun to do and it also saved me quite some money :). So if you dare to build one yourself, I would recommend it.

Exonimus said:
They would. Don't forget to choose the 7900 gt as the graphics card though. The 7300le is in no way suited for gaming, and I doubt the x1300 is.

It looks quite ok as long as you choose the upgraded components. The 7900gt is a great card. A few of my friends have it and they like it a lot.
However, I would recommend you build one yourself. I did so last year. It was very fun to do and it also saved me quite some money :). So if you dare to build one yourself, I would recommend it.
How about a 256MB ATI Radeon X1300 Pro instead. It's $150 cheaper.

Looks okay for a Dell as long as you include the 7900GS as your video card. The other 2 choices are crap. And yes, the 2GB of memory and the core 2 duo E6400 will be very nice.

I still think you can build a better one for gaming at cyberpower than you can get at dell.

the only problem I've had with dell so far is the ability to upgrade. But I'm quite sure that's not a problem here. So if you search a decent gaming system for around $1000, this is perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back