Decipher my logs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed Howards genius virus/mal/adware removal and ended up with some logs that I would love to have translated. I have some more but i can only upload five. Let me know if anything else is needed. Thanks for all the help!

I saw in your HJT log, you haven't updated to the most recent adobe reader, I saw that you have google toolbar (if you don't use it; delete it), and you also have an ebay toolbar (same deal with the google toolbar).

Are you actually using the prevx1 anti-spyware program ?

In your AVG anti-spyware report, U need to make the action that the program does "QUARANTINE" not to take no action as it did. So rescan with the AVG anti-spyware program and when it finds things, make sure the action it takes is "QUARANTINE"

DO NOT DO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING WITHOUT CONFORMATION FROM HOWARD OR MOMOK !!!!

In your HJT log you can delete this entry

O2 - BHO: ToolHelper - {CDEEC43D-3572-4E95-A2A5-F519D29F00C0} - (no file)

Hi,

Yes, please follow MMDominator88's advice on AVG antispyware. With regards to prevx, it has been known to include several system files as false positives in its database. Thus it is not recommended to be used.

I would also need to know how the AVG AntiRootkit turns out, though I think it will be clean.

That said, please do the following:

You may wish to copy and paste these instructions on notepad for easier reference later.

Boot into safe mode under your normal user name. See how HERE

Next turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE

Go to start > run and type services.msc. Press the enter key.
Search for the following services. Double click to select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

FFTI

Go to start > Control Panel > Add and Remove Programs.
Remove anything related to the following:

newdotnet

After that, run HijackThis and fix the following entries, if found (do this by placing a tick in the check boxes beside these entries and clicking "Fix checked"):

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {542227F6-18AD-44A3-A5F4-48C1A2922069} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\asfsipcd.dll
O2 - BHO: ToolHelper - {CDEEC43D-3572-4E95-A2A5-F519D29F00C0} - (no file)

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [FFTI] C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Alessandro\Anwendungsdaten\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\1q9l6z10.default\extensions\{B13721C7-F507-4982-B2E5-502A71474FED}\unins000.exe /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /NORESTART (User 'SYSTEM')

O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [FFTI] C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Alessandro\Anwendungsdaten\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\1q9l6z10.default\extensions\{B13721C7-F507-4982-B2E5-502A71474FED}\unins000.exe /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /NORESTART (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: hpoddt01.exe.lnk = ?

O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present

Close HJT.

Navigate in Windows Explorer and delete the following files and folders in bold.

C:\WINDOWS\ua2.dll
C:\WINDOWS\sdhjdsf.exe
C:\WINDOWS\CNSYSDLG.SYS
C:\WINDOWS\iniLS.dat
C:\WINDOWS\system32\asfsipcd.dll

C:\PROGRA~1\NEWDOT~1\
C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Alessandro\Anwendungsdaten\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\1q9l6z10.default\extensions\{B13721C7-F507-4982-B2E5-502A71474FED}\unins000.exe

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Thereafter, please post fresh HJT, ComboFix and AVG Antispyware logs from normal mode as attachments into this thread. Let me know if you wish to uninstall prevx. I'll include details to remove them if you wish to.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of asplendore only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back