Deleted Linux Partition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone... I recently posted this in the Windows Thread

Well, I got up this morning and attempted to remove Linux from my computer. I thought I would be able to just delete that partition from my hard drive. Yes, I should have researched this first. Now I am unable to use my computer. When I power on, I get a "grub error." I tried to just boot again and press "F10" to load my recovery software, but that didn't work. It just continues to boot and I receive that error. And it gets worse...I don't have a Windows XP installation disk. Everything came pre-installed on my computer. I know there is a lot of information about this topic. I'm not really techie at this like this (obviously since I deleted the partition ). So, I really didn't understand what the other threads were saying. Could someone PLEASE give me detailed instructions on how to fix my computer? I just want Windows back!!

Thanks in advance!

I wasn't getting much response there, so I thought I would try here. One person said I would have to go out and purchase a Windows XP CD. I really don't want to do that. Is there anyway I could use the Linux cds I made too get everything working correctly?

Oh...I'm using Debian Linux.

can you remember your product key?... If so ring microsoft and provide them with the key and they shall send you a new cd

Regards Jase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back