Deleting sticky Temp Internet Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to delete Temporary Internet Files (Content IE5 stuff that won't show up but Properties tell me is there), I followed this MS directive:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/301057/EN-US/

1. In either My Computer or Windows Explorer, create a new folder.
2. In Internet Explorer, click Internet Options on the Tools menu.
3. On the General tab, click Settings under Temporary Internet Files.
4. In the Settings dialog box, click Move Folder under Temporary Internet Files folder.
5. Click the folder that you created in step 1, and then click OK.
6. If you are prompted to log off, click Yes, and then log on to Windows again. If you are not prompted to log off, click OK to close all of the dialog boxes.
7. In either My Computer or Windows Explorer, delete the old Temporary Internet Files folder, and then create a new folder in the same location with the same name.
8. Repeat steps two through six again, but in step five, click to select the new folder that you created in step seven.

Now I have a "New Folder" under "C" that has the files, but I can't delete or rename it (Is a "system file" and windows needs it...) Also can't delete the original TIF file or folder ("Cannot delete. Cannot find the specified file...")
What does it take to get rid of these? Have I screwed something up now?

Thanks very much.

are u trying to delete the internet temp file or replace teh folder?

follow these,
2. In Internet Explorer, click Internet Options on the Tools menu.
3. On the General tab, click Settings under Temporary Internet Files.
4. In the Settings dialog box,

tehn click on clear temp i.net folder or similar.. i dont have IE6 on my pc at the moment

Yes, but the files won't delete

These are Temp Internet Files that won't delete using the normal "Delete files, delete all offline content" approach. If you open the folder (Windows>temp>temp internet files>temp internet files), it comes up blank, even with all files set to unhidden in Explorer>View. Yet Properties shows several MBs. I thought the MS approach of moving then deleting would work, but it seems you can't delete them wherever they are. Even Ccleaner and Window Washer can't seem to reach them (still there after reboot).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back