Deleting viruses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of ditherone only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I know Howard will be taking you through HijackThis. But I have a couple of questions.:

1. Why do you think you have viruses on your system> What's happening?
2. Do you have a current anti-virus program that you scan with regularly, updating right before each scan?
3. Do you have at least two spyware/adware programs that you scan with regularly, updating each right before you scan?
4. Do you know that an anti-virus program won't remove spyware/adware?
5. Do you know that spyware/adware programs don't remove viruses, Trojans and Worms.
6. Do you know that any malware infections, whether virus or spyware can stop you system from performing- well or at all/
7. Do you know that legitimate security programs don't pop-up and tell you that the system is infected with a large number of things, but you need to buy their program to get it clean?

Keep those things in mind for when you get lean-so you'll stay that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back