Dell 3700 BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I Have A Dell Insperation 3700 Laptop I Bought Used It Has A Blue Screen That Flashes Then Crashes Im Not To Good At Computers But Im Learning The Screen Says

Szappname Svchost.exe
Szmodname
Repdrvfs.dll
Szmodver:5.1.2600.2180
Szappver 5.1.2600.2180
Offaet:000170f3

Stop 0x000000d1 (0x47c0023c Ox00000002 0x0000000 0xf50040dd)

Address F50040dd Base At F5003000

Someone Please Help Me Im At My Wits End With This I Also Dont Have Any Disks That Came With It Like I Said It Was Used But It Wasnt Doing This Till The Day After I Got It.

Well

That is the dredded BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) it is usally caused by a hardware or software conflict.

As far as reading the error, I can not, but I am sure there will be somone here with better experience reading error codes than I, that can get you a better idea of what that Conflict atually is.

Good job at posting the BSOD error message though, most people dont have the common scense to post that. It will for sure get you better feedback to fix your problem.

It appears you have a memory leak, or defective memory module... with possible other problems.
I would do a full format and reinstall using the Windows discs, since the Dell recovery disc will not allow a reboot in repair mode. This will be the best short cut fix.
If you can get it running it safe mode, run memtest86 (www.memtest.org) for four hours in Safemode.
It may also be a defective hard drive. This you will rule out when you run the format, but you could rule out by running the drive fitness tests from the website of the manufacturer of the hard drive.

You can buy the disk set from Dell, unless the computer came from a reseller that specifically stated there is not tech support. Dell will tell you when you give them the Service Tag number. I suggest you learn to spell before you contact them.

run memtest 86+ and check your ram for at least 7 passes.
You will need to create a bootable CD

also post your last 2-3 mindumps for analysis. attach as a zip file.

i had a dell insperon e1505 and it had a red line running through the right side. even know it was over 21 days they gave me a full refund. i am guessing that you still want a computer so do you have a warenty on it? if not and it is still crashing and you just tryed everything i bet you can get them to let you send it in for repairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back