Dell BIOS password removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ididmyc600

The Paragon site is now back up and working fine, but under new management and ownership, some of the software is rar's and

As always please read the site through before asking any questions, you can PM me if you want and I will answer when I am available.

The site address is now

link removed

IDIDMYC600: EX owner but webmaster of the paragon password removal site

Moderator Edit:
Try here first: >>>>>>>> https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic90285.html (free info supplied)

The previous Dell bios password removal thread can be found HERE.

Please note: Anyone who comes here offering password removal at a price, will be banned.

Regards Howard :)

thanx zerox666

didnt work for me been searching the net for the only guy that seems to have the software to crack my service tag but he hasnt been around on this forum for over 4months now so looking slim finding him! but on the other hand there is some1else who wants 100usd to remove the grey screen of doom

rooney1212 said:
didnt work for me been searching the net for the only guy that seems to have the software to crack my service tag but he hasnt been around on this forum for over 4months now so looking slim finding him! but on the other hand there is some1else who wants 100usd to remove the grey screen of doom

Rustam is still alive, I get an email from him occasionally, as for the guy wanting money, I wouldnt trust them at all. if you cant do it yourself using the info from my site then he cant, unless he is replacing the motherboard, this is something anyone can do as its very easy and boards are getting cheaper on Ebay all the time.

Remember people who charge money can easily disappear with your laptop, and what can you do,??

zerox666 said:
Try this CD. It didn't work in my Dell Inspiron D620 but this you it's telling me about Run setup after the start up screen so maybe thats the reason why it didn't work.
Let me know if this work or not.

http://rs48.rapidshare.com/files/8820089/dell_boot_iso.rar

Thanks.-

Thats an old version of the DST software, it wont remove the grey screen of death only erase the service tag on a laptop that can boot from a CD or Floppy drive.

For those that have just come here let me explain

The grey screen of death (this laptop is locked and can only.......blah blah) cannot be removed by any software as the laptop wont boot until the password is inputted, the only way and I repeat The Only Way to remove the grey screen of death is to use the shorting method as explained in my site.

However if the laptop will boot but you cant change the BIOS settings as a password is set then its here that the DST software comes into play.

For a full explanation read the site in my tag below.

Regards

Ididmyc600 said:
Rustam is still alive, I get an email from him occasionally, as for the guy wanting money, I wouldnt trust them at all. if you cant do it yourself using the info from my site then he cant, unless he is replacing the motherboard, this is something anyone can do as its very easy and boards are getting cheaper on Ebay all the time.

Remember people who charge money can easily disappear with your laptop, and what can you do,??

Regards
the the reply Ididmyc600, thanx for the reply the guy seems to use the same technique as rustam he wants the service tag and he said he will get me back into the machine he has quite alot of feedback which all seems to be positive! is rustam sick of all the people asking for help then disappearing withoout saying thank you? i have browsed you site which is very helpfull put doesnt seem to have a pic of them chip im looking for on the d620 i completely stripped the laptop down and i found a chip on the underside of the board "sst 25vf080b" could this be the chip im not asking to be spoon fed im just trying to save myself some money and im willing to all the work myself please could you plz help me with a pic please and which pins i need to short once again thanx for your help and time rooney

Man, did you have some picture of where is that chip on your D620 because I have my D620 and I didn't find the chip. Only some chips that control voltage.
Thanks for any help.

Edited by Moderator: Removed quote. There`s no need to quote the post directly above your own, unless you`re only replying to a specific section, in which case you would only quote that section. ;)

rooney1212 said:
the the reply Ididmyc600, thanx for the reply the guy seems to use the same technique as rustam he wants the service tag and he said he will get me back into the machine he has quite alot of feedback which all seems to be positive! is rustam sick of all the people asking for help then disappearing withoout saying thank you? i have browsed you site which is very helpfull put doesnt seem to have a pic of them chip im looking for on the d620 i completely stripped the laptop down and i found a chip on the underside of the board "sst 25vf080b" could this be the chip im not asking to be spoon fed im just trying to save myself some money and im willing to all the work myself please could you plz help me with a pic please and which pins i need to short once again thanx for your help and time rooney

can any1 confirm this is the chip? if so i will get pics up asap ive searched what i found on the chip and i came back with : SST’s 25 series Serial Flash family features a four-wire, SPI-compatible interface that allows for a low pin-count package which occupies less board space and ultimately lowers total system costs. The SST25VF080B devices are enhanced with improved operating frequency and even lower power consumption than the original SST25VFxxxA devices. SST25VF080B SPI serial flash memories are manufactured with SST’s proprietary, high-performance CMOS SuperFlash technology. The split-gate cell design and thick-oxide tunneling injector attain better reliability and manufacturability compared with alternate approaches. The SST25VF080B devices significantly improve performance and reliability, while lowering power consumption. The devices write (Program or Erase) with a single power supply of 2.7-3.6V for SST25VF080B. The total energy consumed is a function of the applied voltage, current, and time of application. Since for any given voltage range, the SuperFlash technology uses less current to program and has a shorter erase time, the total energy consumed during any Erase or Program operation is less than alternative flash memory technologies. The SST25VF080B device is offered in both 8-lead SOIC (200 mils) and 8-contact WSON (6mm x 5mm) packages. See Figure 1 for pin assignments

come on guys help each other out and we might get into these

if any1 can help me out feel free to pm me and i'll add you on my msn

rooney1212 said:
can any1 confirm this is the chip? if so i will get pics up asap ive searched what i found on the chip and i came back with : SST’s 25 series Serial Flash family features a four-wire, SPI-compatible interface that allows for a low pin-count package which occupies less board space and ultimately lowers total system costs. The SST25VF080B devices are enhanced with improved operating frequency and even lower power consumption than the original SST25VFxxxA devices. SST25VF080B SPI serial flash memories are manufactured with SST’s proprietary, high-performance CMOS SuperFlash technology. The split-gate cell design and thick-oxide tunneling injector attain better reliability and manufacturability compared with alternate approaches. The SST25VF080B devices significantly improve performance and reliability, while lowering power consumption. The devices write (Program or Erase) with a single power supply of 2.7-3.6V for SST25VF080B. The total energy consumed is a function of the applied voltage, current, and time of application. Since for any given voltage range, the SuperFlash technology uses less current to program and has a shorter erase time, the total energy consumed during any Erase or Program operation is less than alternative flash memory technologies. The SST25VF080B device is offered in both 8-lead SOIC (200 mils) and 8-contact WSON (6mm x 5mm) packages. See Figure 1 for pin assignments

come on guys help each other out and we might get into these

if any1 can help me out feel free to pm me and i'll add you on my msn
Let me try to explain what I found around there.
First appears to be this chip because it is the same on D410
So if you make an SPI interface you can use PonyProg2000 to dum the info from the chip and then try to use IBMPass to decrypt (or read I don't remmeber, I did this for a Thinkpad T43 long time ago) ease to do interface Radioshack could help you with the components. I suppose it's the same chip.
http://www.allservice.ro/forum/viewtopic.php?t=623
Base on this link to:
http://www.allservice.ro/forum/viewtopic.php?t=485
But I dont have the way to know where the password it's located.
Please if you can send me the pictures.
Thanks.

PS: Sorry for my english.

Paragon or Ididmyc600
there are more pictures if you like to add to that web site of yours.

Thanks.-

zerox666 said:
Paragon or Ididmyc600
there are more pictures if you like to add to that web site of yours.

Thanks.-
http://www.notebook1.ru/mbpass.htm

SORRY...

http://dp.allhyper.com/ for read the chip on old motherboards
http://www.lancos.com/e2p/si-prog-v2_2.pdf the spi interface and if you do be my guest to see where is located the password.
Thanks again. Waiting for you to comment about.

zerox666

hi im glad to see some peeps putting some imput in im not really that clever at this stuff but im trying! is there no way of just shortly the chip so it loses the password like it does on older modals! i will definetly upload some pics tomorrow ive built the laptop back up because i didnt want to lose anything but i'll strip out down again tomorrow. come all you guys who just took from rustam put a bit of input back in we have all looked all over the web for the info on the dell d620 so every little help!

zerox666 does it look like ive found the correct chip then if so that can only be a good thing

This is what Christophe GRENIER has answer me about the new Dell models.
If somebody can help:

> Christophe,
> Do you have any idea how is that the old latitude.exe and MasterPW.exe
> doesn't work with the new dell's model laptops.
>
> Could you help me because ther is a lot of people that need this solve
> and no body knows how this work at all.

If your service tag ends by 595B, latitude.exe and MasterPW.exe won't work.

The password is stored in an eeprom on the motherboard, you need an eeprom programmer (electronic device) to retrieve it.

Dell Inspiron 7500: eeprom 24c164
Dell Inspiron 8100: eeprom 24c02
Dell Latitude C600: eeprom 24c02, password in scan code at 0x98 and 0xA8 Dell Latitude CPI: password in scan code at 0x00, 0x10, 0x80

You can get/buy eeprom programmer in electronic shops or labs, you need another PC to use it.
You can desolder the eeprom with hot air or you can try to "clip" the eeprom. With the eeprom programmer, backup your eeprom and run "cmospwd /d /l eeprom_backup". If you don't see the password, you can try to fill the eeprom with zero or FF, don't forget the reset the cmos.

Christophe

--
,-~~-.___. ._.
/ | ' \ | |"""""""""| Christophe GRENIER
( ) 0 | | | email removed
\_/-, ,----' | | |
==== !_!--v---v--"
/ \-'~; |""""""""| TestDisk & PhotoRec
/ __/~| ._-""|| | Data Recovery
=( _____|_|____||________| http://www.cgsecurity.org

dell d620 pwd

Hi!

PLS help

Dell Latitude D620
>>> > Service TAG 513DH2J
>>> > Express service code 109-500-453-55
>>> > System #513DH2J-595B

THKS

D520

Hi

Quick question, does anyone know which software _rustam was using to get the master psw for service tag ending in 595B ?

And also Ididmyc600, I took a look at Paragons Website,
but my laptop (D520) is not in the list and does not have a 24c02 chip inside.
I've opened it up a took a look at all 8 pins IC.

But I did find a 25L8005m2c in it, but the Short method did not work for it.

In any case that someone has the PSW generator for 595B's, heres my info
Service tag is: #6703PC1-595B

Thanks in advance

I'm dying here

well, close. Dell Precision M70 from ebay, locked bios setup.
I saw a posting here, but I lost it...I know the one who
send the post had the same machine, and was going to
post pics, but I cannt find em. I unscrewed the entire
bottom, but I cannot get the flippin thing apart...do not
want to break it!
Any one?

Thanks.
Mitch

Opening up a laptop

Hi mitchk224,
I have no pics, but I hope this helps....

On 95% of the laptop, the part above the keyboard (the one with the power btn) is only held up by some clips, and once removed lets you access 2-3 screws that lets you remove the keyboard itself.

Once the keyboard is removed, they're still might be a few screws left that holding the palm rest to the bottom of the laptop.

Once they are removed, the palm rest should comme out fairly easly from the bottom part (may have a few clips holding them together)

After that you will have to remove the screws holding the mother board to the botom of the laptop.

And only then would you be able to seperate the bottom from the MB.

Dell Latitude D520 Master Password

Hi Rustam,
If you can help me please.
Service Tag: 5B0Bk2J
On start say something like 5B0Bk2J-595B is protected by a password authentication system .
Many thanks in advance.

Dell C400 BIOS password

Just bought a dell c400 on ebay that has the bios password locked - can anyone help :)

service tag is 40qf90j

mitchk224 said:
well, close. Dell Precision M70 from ebay, locked bios setup.
I saw a posting here, but I lost it...I know the one who
send the post had the same machine, and was going to
post pics, but I cannt find em. I unscrewed the entire
bottom, but I cannot get the flippin thing apart...do not
want to break it!
Any one?

Thanks.
Mitch

Locked BIOS, you cant change the settings, go to the site and download the DST software and read the instructions

Regards

Hi all! i was reading 3 last nights through the net for a friends Dell D620: closed BIOS and locked harddrive (sATA, and its better to forget it, as i understand). i managed to open BIOS with a tool DST for usb sick from www.ihatedell.info (thanx lot for the page =) by clearing service tag.

question for the future:
coud anybody imagine to clear somehow a tag when the pc is locked? i mean if there is some immaginable way to boot from flash, or to get into (clearing) that enigmatical mx25l8005 with "not located" eeprom (i dont understand where it is, in keyboard controller, in the bios itself as prebios)
if somebody studied the architecture of that mx25l8005 perhaps allready having suggestions consurning "shortcutting"...

and thanx for a nice forum

Bios Pawword For Dell Latitude C600

I Have Purchased A Dell Latitude C600 From Comsol Fiji Limited And I Was Trying To Set Up Bios Password I Entered Some Numbers Surch As 8631786 But When I Restarted And The System Asked For The Password I Entered It But The System Did Not Accept That Password.

So Can Some One Pliz Help Me.

Its Written " This Computer System, #1z1q61s-595b, Is Protected By A Password Authentication System. You Cannot Access The Data On This Computer Without The Correct Password.

Please Type In The Primary Or Administrator Password And Press <enter>."

Thnks
Shalen

Dell M70 UN Friggin Locked.

Thank you for the help, thank you for the board, THANK you for keeping all the old posts!!
The sob is unlocked.
ANYONE who needs help with an M70, feel free to
contact me.

The chip is ATMEL 24C04N, right under the video daughter board.
the trick is to plug in the small LED plate, so you know the power
is on. use one one side of the paperclip, just touch the middle
legs. I did both sides, then the fan came on.
If you do not plug in the small LED, (you have to remove it at the
top of the machine in order to remove the screen, you cannot miss it)
then the power light will just go on, then off. you will will not know the
unit is powered, and the cpu will absolutely overheat.

THANK YOU AGAIN.

ps there were no parts or screws left over...my old man
wwould have said I Fuc*ed up. He always had parts left
over....

mitchk224 said:
ps there were no parts or screws left over...my old man
wwould have said I Fuc*ed up. He always had parts left
over....

The best repairmen in the world always have a screw left over, I do and I dont care as long as the dam thing works.

By the way if anyone is interested a LATC600 has about 40 screws and studs of various size that have to be removed to short the chip.

Where they all come from is a mystery and how they all go back in is a riddle in itself, I did try making a map, but it didnt work.

shalen said:
I Have Purchased A Dell Latitude C600 From Comsol Fiji Limited And I Was Trying To Set Up Bios Password I Entered Some Numbers Surch As 8631786 But When I Restarted And The System Asked For The Password

OH dear whos a silly billy.

The C600 has to be the easiest laptop to do, gettin to the chip is a bit of a pain, but when you do here's how to do the short

Short pin 3 and 6 together press the power button on and hold the short for 4 seconds, do this twice, and then hold the short and press the power button repeatedly (about 6 - 10 times) with the mains lead removed, replace the power lead and press the power button it should then go to the manufacturers screen.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back