Dell D520 options & questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

som1dies2nite

1. Why would D520 not have an eeprom chip while other D600 or later would?
2. What are the options to unlock a D520 if when boot you get the gray screen?
I read that you can disconnect the battery for a couple seconds.
Then reconnect it and this will change the boot order to usb first.
then use the usb to load up xp. Is this true?

I assume you mean 'older' by 'later'.
Not sure about the strategy on how dell does secure their laptops but it is definitely that removing the cmos battery will solve the password screen problem and neither it will enable you to boot up from usb. the only options at the moment are to contact dell, tell them the service tag (make sure you are the legal owner or have the ownership transfered to you) and let them give you a master password to unlock the laptop - or go here:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic96268.html
and wait for a master password (you may receive paid offers only).
well you can also have a look at some unlocking websites and ebay. there are a couple of guys who sell passwords....

good luck!

Thanks for the reply. What I meant was that the D520 doesnt have an EEprom but the D600 does. I have a D510 that I bought off a craiglist and the the chip jump so I dont "get it" why the D520 is different.

well it seems that dell changed the method of securing their (mobile) products to a new stage not using this particular chip only. I think the chip is still there but the password is somehow stored in the keyboard controller. so shorting will not have any effect on the passwords but you maybe damage the laptop doing it.

soni2006 please use the search function. what you are looking for is mentioned a hundred times in this forum.

unlocking the 595B password

hey anyone can help me unlock my Dell D520, i bought it of ebay and dell wont help cause i dont know the previous owner + i live in jamaica and spent money paying people to help me witch turn out to be total R*** C***** F***ery.

my tag is:52G5KC1-595B

is the great rustam_ still around or anything that does not have to do with people trying to rob me again.

thanks in advance.

meka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back