Dell D600 Not Powering Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys

I'm sure this question has been asked hundreds of times but sorry here goes again.

I have a Dell D600 and basically the power button does nothing. The unit was working but powering it up was always hit and miss. I've replaced the little power button pcb but it still doesn't power.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

:grinthumb

Err, by "The unit was working but powering it up was always hit and miss" do you mean it has always experienced trouble while trying to start up? Clarify this please :).

Assuming the following:

• Everything is connected properly (if you've disconnected anything in the past, you've checked the system's motherboard manual and are 100% certain everything is connected properly)
  • You have tried a different outlet and power cord
  • This is a new or semi-new occurrence
  • You at one point at a fully functional system (it powered on just fine)
  • Pressing the power button yields absolutely no results (no fans/lights/noises)

I'd try replacing the power supply first. See if you can borrow one from another system...

Zenosincks said:
Err, by "The unit was working but powering it up was always hit and miss" do you mean it has always experienced trouble while trying to start up? Clarify this please :).

Assuming the following:

• Everything is connected properly (if you've disconnected anything in the past, you've checked the system's motherboard manual and are 100% certain everything is connected properly)
  • You have tried a different outlet and power cord
  • This is a new or semi-new occurrence
  • You at one point at a fully functional system (it powered on just fine)
  • Pressing the power button yields absolutely no results (no fans/lights/noises)

I'd try replacing the power supply first. See if you can borrow one from another system...

I was given the laptop and on reading across the net this seems to be a common problem. The unit worked for a bit but was intermittent. I think Its the same powered by battery or mains. I will try this with a known working psu.

Cheers

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back