Dell Dimension E510 Temp Monitoring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogityboo04

I just got a Dimension E510 and have found it to be pretty un-moddable. I was wondering if anyone knew a way to check the temperature on one of these because it seems to have on sensor but no application seems to be able to access it.

Well there is a way to check CPU temperature in the bios screen at bootup

Dell bios F2

But for real time monitoring i think maybe you should spend some money on a Phisical Temperature monitor

For example : http://www.xoxide.com/misccooling.html

Check out some other websites that have them maybe you can find one thats cheaper or it looks the way you want.

The Dell BIOS seems to be pretty severely restricted, there is no System Health information screen, or anything much else for that matter

do you think a hardware monitor would be better than getting some software installed ?? (if its so restrictive its probbaly not going to let anything monitor it anyway)

Did you check the link i posted?

What do you think of that?

acoroian said:
do you think a hardware monitor would be better than getting some software installed ?? (if its so restrictive its probbaly not going to let anything monitor it anyway)

Did you check the link i posted?

What do you think of that?

Yea, I like the hardware monitors, but at the moment I don't have the cash to buy one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back