Dell Dimension XPS T600r--floppy problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetyb

There's a problem with 2 of these which have floppy drives that are unreadable. They don't light up or post when computer's booting up. I tried leaving a floppy in there while booting, nothing happened. I installed a new floppy, and even used another floppy cable, nothing happened. I tried uninstalling the floppy and floppy controller drivers a few times and rebooting. The only conclusion I've come to is that there's something wrong with the onbord floppy controller.

Has anyone else run into the same or similar problem? Any suggestions whatsoever will help me.

hi, had the same problem 2day

sweetyb said:
There's a problem with 2 of these which have floppy drives that are unreadable. They don't light up or post when computer's booting up. I tried leaving a floppy in there while booting, nothing happened. I installed a new floppy, and even used another floppy cable, nothing happened. I tried uninstalling the floppy and floppy controller drivers a few times and rebooting. The only conclusion I've come to is that there's something wrong with the onbord floppy controller.

Has anyone else run into the same or similar problem? Any suggestions whatsoever will help me.
............ what u have to do is play around in the bios.
bcoz of the zip drive its also reading the floppy as removable devises wen its not...

so disable the zip
load orginal settings.
re-bot machin
in bios enable the zip and floppy..

u'll find it will read a boot up disk...

also in ms dos after shut down phase.. c if u can get a: to read.. wen u do problems will b solved .

No Joy .. holla back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back