Dell dimension3000 problem!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anybody help??? whilst using the pc, a message came up to say the anti virus was turned off and that the computer could be at risk. i tried several times to switch on the anti virus and failed. i then tried reinstallin the antivirus, but it still would not work. I then received a blue screen error page stating that there had been a fatal system error! the pc switched itself off, and since then, when i try switching it back on...i get a black screen for approx 1 second and then it shuts down again. i contacted dell, who took me through some steps, and they said that it was the psu that had failed. i bought a new one and tried it....still the same problem. i contacted dell again and they took me through some more steps....now they say its the motherboard thats the problem. i havent got a clue what im looking for in order to buy a new one, or how much this is goin to cost. Would i be better off buying a new pc or should i trust Dell and buy a new motherboard??
please help if you can......thank you..xx

Dell has some good techs, but they have some pretty bad ones too. I would take it to someone to look at the computer before you buy any more parts. Dell can't be sure without physically examining the computer and running some tests. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back