dell E310 for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a teen that plays games like BAttle for Middlearth II and am wondering if anyone out there has advice about this dell unit which is vista capable (does that mean anything?) I understand she could not change the video card on this computer? (it has intel GMA 900) According to game spec. the 900 is the minimum requirement--but is that good enough?
I am just a mom trying to get a unit I can afford as a backup computer and keep the kid happy!
Thanks

First off Hello and Welcome to techspot!

The PC you describe would not be a good choice for gaming. Even light gaming is hard to do on Integrated Graphics (Basically a Video Chip built directly into the motherboard) Integrated graphics are made for business and normal home users, and lack the performance needed for even the lowest of settings.

And because that Dell does not have a AGP/PCI-E Slot, buying a new video card to repalce the Integrated 900 is hard.

I and the other members here would surely help you find a cheap gaming PC for your teen, that will play games much better then the dell you have shown.

My first question is, what is the most you can spend?

affordable gaming computer

I was budgeting for $500 bucks or so. She also does movie editing from her digi-cam and hopes to make dvds.
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks.

nradmaker said:
I was budgeting for $500 bucks or so. She also does movie editing from her digi-cam and hopes to make dvds.
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks.
There's also the possibility to build a custom pc. I'm sure you can get quite a decent gaming pc for 500$ if you build it yourself. If you decide to do so, we can suggest components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back