Dell Hell;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfbane

Ok I am new here and I would like to thank you for your help in advance. So Thank You.

I have done everything in the "Before posting your minidumps, please read this." Post to no avail, I have multiple BSOD's from a broad range of events such as plugging in usb devices = BSOD but not alway's, Installing network Drivers = BSOD, etc... The Micro OS2 SmartCardBus controller has given up claiming not enough resources? I don't know if it is memory, MOBO, or Video causing my problem everytime I think it is one something leads me to believe it is another?
I have a Dell Latitude D600 notebook, and all of this was happening even after I did a clean install. Here are my mini dumps.

Three minidumps crash at w70n51.sys. This is your Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI adapter software. This is a known issue, see HERE.

Updating the drivers/software may solve this problem.

2 of your minidumps are corrupt and unreadable.

1 minidump crashes at ntoskrnl.exe. This is the Windows boot up kernel file.

I believe your problem is caused by the Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI adapter software.

Regards Howard :)

Ok I will see what I can do with this, Thank you so much for the prompt response I really do appreciate your help:)

Ok now in my device manager I have 2 O2Micro OZ711EC1 SmartCardBus Controllers and both are disabled when I enabled one I get a BSOD and the system crashes with the following minidumps thanks to cpc2004 I figured out how to create a log and here they are.

Your debugging logs aren`t of much use as you`re using the wrong symbols.

It would be better for you to attach any further minidumps so I can check to see if thay crash with the same problem.

1 minidump crases with hardware and a bugcheck of 7F.

1 minidump crashes at ntoskrnl.exe and a bugcheck of 8E.

This could still be caused by your Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI adapter software issue.

You should disable the O2Micro OZ711EC1 SmartCardBus Controllers and see if your system becomes stable.

If it doesn`t, I think it`d probably be a good idea to go and follow the instructions in this thread HERE. This is just to rule out any other possible cause.

Chkdsk - done ( no errors)
Cleaning - done
Ram cleanin and memtest 24 passes - done ( no errors)
CPU 37 C degrees HD 43 C
Pagefile 768MB for 512MB ram ( was already that)

Specs:

Dell Latitude D600
CPU - 1.60 GHZ Intel Pentium
512MB Ram (2, 256's)
GPU - ATI Mobility Radeon 9000
Win XP Pro 32 bit SP2

My event log states what you are telling me 7E and 8E

The PCMCIA adapter or O2Micro OZ711EC1 SmartCardBus Controllers in device manger when enabled state that it cannot find enough free resources and gives a code 12? there are two of them. everything else is fine in the device manager. I hope this helps.

Here are the meanings of your last two bugcheck codes.

0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause (many dozen KB articles exist for this error referencing specific hardware failures) and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade).

Hardware compatibilty seems the most likely culprit at this stage.

Therefore, as I suggested, you should disable the two O2Micro OZ711EC1 SmartCardBus Controllers and test your system. If it only crashes when they are enabled, you`ll know what the cause is.

As for your crashes from your first post, it`s seems likely the Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI adapter software may have been the culprit. As I said, this is a known issue.

Did you manage to find updated drivers and software?

I did update the Bios succesfully, and I did do the wireless update thank you my freind :)

I did memtest on both sticks of ram at the same time not induvidually?
Mabey I should try one at a time hmmmm

I have disabled the PCMCIA card now awaiting it to crash hmmm mabey I will try transfering with my external HD enclosure this dell crashes when I use that LOL

I will keep you posted and thank you again;)

Well it seem's to be stable now, I wonder what happen with the PCMCIA? hmmm
well I don't use the PCMCIA anyway so I can live with this:) But it will bug me so this will at least give me a stable system till I figure that out:) Thank you for all your help you rock my freind:) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back