DELL Inspiron 1000 bios pASSWORD RESET NEED HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate DELL they give no help.I have a Dell Inspirion 1000 that is locked it says enter password.I saw your post and was wondering if you found away to get around this.I am assuming that this is a bios protection password, since I cannot enter the bios without the password.

need master password for bios
help plz!!!

Dell Inspiron 1300
service tag: 792RK2J-595B
express service code:157-863-168-91

It may not be the "Admin. password" that it's seeking. I have had Windows do this to me. Wanting a password or it would not open. I got lucky, I left the password line blank and it went through. Try resetting the BIOS (battery out, 30 seconds). Maybe the password will drop out with defaulted BIOS. Good Luck!

Does the Service Tag end with something like -595 or other number ending in 5?

What is the source of the computer? Was it purchased as a Refurbished unit, or from a non-Dell source? If purchased new, this is a warranty issue.

Have you really talked to Tech Support on the phone? You can alwasys change Telephone Service Techs. If the person you reach is not helpful or hangs up on you (which happens to me all the time), call back, then ask to be transferredd to a United States tech support person because the tech support is rude or unhelpful. Be ready to recprd the call if you can, then ask for permission to record the call (otherwise it is illegal to record their voice), then stay on the line.
Their system will detect that you have repeatedly called back.
We find the best support outside the US comes from the techs in the Philippines, Jamaica, and Panama.
You might also call at a time that is 9 a.m. in India.
Keep trying. It will pay off. You may then learn what is possible. Sometimes you will have to pay for the BIOS change, if a previous owner has tried to bypass the BIOS password... but Dell will tell you what is possible.
Also, online searches will bring you in contact with people who perform such service on Dells. AGain, it is never inexpensive. Same with Sony
Buy a Thinkpad, Gateway, or HP next time... or just buy a new one.

If you forgot your BIOS Primary password, download the software from the following site and put it on a CD.

www0download0centre4service0com/software10html ----------------------- Substitue . for the 0

password: smellyalater

The software is dst-cd.iso. It will create a bootable CD. It will allow you to change or remove the service tag. With this, the BIOS Primary password is gone. You are now able to change the password. To avoid warranty problems, I would suggest that you reset your service tag.

It worked for me. You may need to remove the harddrive so that it will boot from this new CD.

smiles

Jbrewer

l have same problem and tried your website, but l guess there was a writing mistakes, can you pls correct it for other guys to search and used?

There are no writing mistakes. Read the message carefully, and follow instructions. It will take you where you want to go.

Hello community;

My english is not very well, but i will find of undestand me...
I don't find last post of dell latitude passworld removal..this is my problem..my brother(11 years) play with my computer and now the computer is locked it says enter password...i need master password for bios...help me!please..

Dell latitude c610
service tag: 48sz90j-595B
express service code:92-395-326-43

please, help me..THANKS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back